Plump, juicy Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs are super simple to make. Chicken thighs with fresh chopped cilantro, zesty lime juice, and zest, along with garlic, and seasoned beautifully. This is a dream dinner for all occasions.
I feel like you can never have too many chicken recipes, especially chicken thighs. They are my favorite cut of meat and love to make them all sorts of ways. The combination of cilantro and lime is going to tease your taste buds and keep your stomach happy.
You know those nights when the thought of cooking makes you cringe? I have those evenings sometimes, and I am happy to say that this grilled cilantro lime chicken has come to the rescue many times. The part that takes the longest is chilling the chicken. But you can prep it the night before and cook it super fast the next day.
What You’ll Need To Make Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Thighs: Naturally, the chicken thighs are the most important part. Use boneless skinless thighs for the best results.
- Chopped Cilantro: There is nothing better than some fresh cilantro. It’s a vibrant ingredient you don’t want to skip for this dish.
- Lime: You will need some fresh lime juice as well as some lime zest. My mouth is watering thinking about it. 🙂
- Olive Oil: You just need a little bit of olive oil, and you could swap it for your go-to oil of choice.
- Garlic: You’ll need to use minced garlic for this chicken dinner. I prefer 3 cloves, but you could add more if you wanted.
- Seasonings: The combination of seasonings I use is chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Perfection!
How To Make Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
These chicken thighs are seriously crave-worthy. You can make them for a fancy dinner or keep it low-key.
Start off by combining the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, and spices in a large bowl. Then mix in the chicken thighs and combine, so they are completely coated. Place them in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight. Whichever works best for you is fine, but the longer they sit, the more flavor they will have.
Turn on your grill or heat a heavy-duty pan to medium-high heat. Oil it lightly and place the chicken in the pan or grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side.
Once the chicken has reached 165 degrees F. Remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Thighs?
Yes, you can swap out the chicken thighs for chicken breasts. Keep an eye on the internal temperature, because it will most likely cook a little faster. If you cook it too long, it will result in a little bit of drier dish, but the flavor will be just as great.
How Do You Store Leftover Chicken?
Place the chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 4 days. Reheat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until hot.
Or, you can freeze the chicken by placing it on a baking sheet and flash freezing. Once the chicken has frozen, remove it from the baking sheet and place it in a freezer-safe container. It will last 3-4 months in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.
More Delicious Chicken Dinner Ideas
- Chicken Baked In Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Creamy Chicken Lasagna
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, and spices. Add the chicken and combine until the chicken is coated in the marinade. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Heat a grill or heavy-duty pan to medium-high heat and lightly oil it. Add the chicken and grill for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from heat and cover to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.