Rice bowls topped with crispy skin salmon, avocado & tomato salsa and a delicious creamy cilantro sauce.
I shared the recipe for the 10 minute crispy skin salmon yesterday and it went nuts on instagram and pinterest! I’ve also gotten a few emails from readers asking for ideas on how to serve the salmon so these bowls are perfect.
The salmon recipe is simple easy and makes the most tender salmon ever with a crispy spicy crust. For the rice you can use your favorite type of rice but I like to use basmati because it’s aromatic and cooks in minutes!
The avocado tomato salsa adds a fresh kick to the bowl and the cilantro sauce is simply out of this world. For the sauce you will only need sour cream or yogurt, lime, and cilantro. Blend them up in a food processor and pour it all over the bowl for a delicious, zesty, spicy bowl that makes the perfect healthy lunch or dinner,
If you will be pre-paring the recipe for work of school, cook the salmon and rice and place them in one container. The salsa in another container then the sauce in a ziplock bag or small container. At work, simply heat up the salmon and rice then pour on the salsa and sauce for a fresh delicious lunch!
Crispy Salmon & Avocado Salsa Rice Bowls with Cilantro Sauce
For the rice
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Avocado Salsa:
- 1 avocado peeled cored and diced
- 1 medium roma tomato seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion diced
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and diced optional
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
For the Cilantro sauce:
- 1/2 cup lowfat sour-cream or greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- To Cook Rice:Wash rice in a large bowl under cold water for 2-5 minutes until the water runs clear. Allow to soak for at least 5 minutes. Boil 3.5 cups of water in a large sauce pan, pour rice and let simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or until the water has dried into the rice and the rice is soft. While the rice is cooking, move on to cooking the salmon
- To make avocado salsa: Combine the diced avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a small bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and mix to combine with a spoon.
- To Make sauce: Pulse the sour-cream or yogurt, lime and cilantro in blender for a few seconds or just until the cilantro is minced.
- To Assemble: Pour 1 cup cooked rice into each bowl, top with a fillet of cooked crispy skin salmon, top salmon with avocado salsa and drizzle each bowl with a about 2-3 tablespoons of cilantro sauce. Enjoy!
P.S, If you’ve been following me on Instagram or snapchat then you’ve probably seen the behind the scenes, step-by-step photos I post live while I’m making the recipes. So if you’re not following me yet, please hop over to my Instagram and follow and will love you forever for it.
Yummy 😋 I am making this recipe for dinner tomorrow night. I will add roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower to bowl too.
Kevin Lohr says
Hi Gina, I would like to try this receipe as well…can you tell me how it turned out?
Cally crosley says
This was one of the best dinners ive made in a long time. the cream sauce was so good & salmon came out perfectly. will definitely be making again! 🙂
So happy you enjoyed the dish, Cally! 🙂
Nancy burkhart says
The link to make the crispy skin salmon did not work. How can i successfully make this recipe?
Hi Nancy, I’ve updated the post to include the link!
What a colorful bowl! That sauce looks delicious 🙂