Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Cabbage Slaw is a crave-worthy dinner option that comes together in under 20 minutes! Flour tortillas filled with plump, succulent shrimp, refreshing cilantro lime slaw, and topped with spicy mayo.
Tacos are one of my ultimate favorite foods. I can never get tired of them. Plus, when you combine ingredients like shrimp, homemade coleslaw, and cilantro, how can you go wrong?
These shrimp tacos will give you a kick of flavor that will leave a lasting impression. What are you waiting for? Now is the time to whip up a batch of these mouthwatering shrimp tacos!
What You’ll Need To Make Crispy Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp: You’ll need to peel and devein large shrimp.
- Taco seasoning: You just need one tablespoon of taco seasoning, but it amps up the flavor a ton!
- Salt: You can always add more or less salt, depending on your taste.
- Eggs: You’ll need to whisk the eggs, so they coat the shrimp properly.
- Panko bread crumbs: Using panko is perfection with the shrimp. It gives you a wonderful crispy texture that is irresistible.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is a fantastic coating for the shrimp.
- Vegetable oil: vegetable oil is used for frying. You can swap it out with another oil if you’d rather.
- Cabbage: You’ll need a combination of red and green cabbage to get the gorgeous results that I did.
- Cilantro: There is no substitute for fresh chopped cilantro. It’s heavenly!
- Mayonnaise: The sauce base of the cilantro-lime slaw comes from the mayo. It’s creamy and rich.
- Lime: Use fresh lime juice for the best results. You can’t get that depth of flavor from the packed juice.
- Salt and Pepper: You just need some to taste for the cilantro lime slaw.
How To Make Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Cabbage Slaw
These shrimp tacos are restaurant quality, but can easily be made in your own kitchen! I can’t wait for you to taste them. Let’s get started.
Begin by mixing the shrimp, taco seasoning, and salt in a bowl. Mix together until the shrimp is coated all the way.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add some panko to another bowl. Add some flour to a third bowl.
Heat up the oil in a heavy duty pan using medium high heat.
Place the pieces of shrimp into the flour, then in the eggs, and into the panko. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Place the cooked shrimp on a plate that has been lined with paper towels.
Next, you’ll need to make the cabbage slaw. Mix the cabbage, cilantro, mayo, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
Now it’s time to assemble the tacos. Char the flour tortillas by cooking them over an open flame or in a pan on the stovetop.
Put the warmed tortillas on a plate and add the shredded cabbage with 3-4 pieces of shrimp. Add the spicey mayo, cilantro lime sauce, or sour cream and serve.
How To Store Leftover Shrimp Tacos
For best results, keep the cilantro cabbage slaw and shrimp in separate containers. Let the shrimp cool down all the way and put it in an airtight food container. Put both the slaw and leftover shrimp in the fridge. They will last 4-5 days.
When you are ready to reheat the tacos, place the shrimp on a microwave safe dish and heat them for 30 seconds – 1 minute. Turn them over and heat more if needed. Assemble the tacos as the recipe instructs and enjoy!
Delicious Shrimp Recipes To Try
Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Cabbage Slaw
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
Cilantro Lime Slaw
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lime juiced
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 6-8 small flour tortillas
- spicy mayo
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, taco seasoning, and salt until the shrimp is fully coated.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Place the panko breadcrumbs and flour in separate bowls. Heat about ½ cup of oil in a large heavy duty pan over medium high heat (375 F).
- Dip shrimp into the flour then into the eggs then into the panko breadcrumbs. Transfer to hot oil and fry 2 minutes per side. Remove from oil onto a paper towel lined plate.
- To make the cabbage slaw: Combine all the ingredients for the slaw in a large bowl until mixed through.
- To Assemble: Char flour tortillas on the stove top over an open flame (if you have an electric oven, simply heat them up in a pan until warmed through) this is an optional step.
- Place tortillas on a plate and add shredded cabbage to the tortillas along with 3-4 shrimp and a drizzle of sriracha mayo, cilantro lime sauce, or sour cream.
This was really good!! I seasoned my shrimp with old bay, sazon, salt and pepper because i like extra flavor. But me and my husband loved this recipe!!
This was a great — just what I was looking for. The spicy mayo was a pleasant surprise, and my family ate the tacos with both corn and flour tortillas, both of which went nicely with the shrimp. Over very pleased and highly recommended!