Indulge in these Grilled Cajun Shrimp Kabobs for dinner. Each skewer is filled with large shrimp, smoked sausage, onions, peppers, and an insanely good homemade Cajun seasoning. Serve even on the busiest of nights.
Once you learn how to quickly and easily make homemade kabobs, you are going to be in food heaven. I have always loved the flavor of caramelized onions and veggies. So, cooking vegetables on a kabob was the perfect way to obtain that flavor easily. We love to add the shrimp and sausage so it’s an entire meal on one skewer.
The flavors of the ingredients together are delectable and everything goes together in perfect harmony. I need to warn you that when the grilled Cajun shrimp kabobs are cooking your senses will be stimulated. Smelling the aroma will make your mouth water and your stomach rumble because you will be ready to devour it.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP KABOBS
- Shrimp: Don’t forget to remove the skin and devein the shrimp before cooking. Leave the tails on or take them off, depending on your preference. We often leave them on because they look so delicious.
- Smoked sausage: You can swap the smoked sausage for beef, chicken, or turkey. We usually use whatever I find on sale or whatever sounds good.
- Minced garlic: Adding garlic gives the perfect hint of flavor. It’s tantalizing to the taste buds and is the best addition to the other ingredients.
- Olive oil: The olive oil will give the shrimp and sausage the best char. It enhances the flavors, so don’t skip it.
- Cajun seasoning: You’ll be amazed by how quickly you can make your own Cajun seasoning. It is terrific for all sorts of foods too.
- Bell peppers: Use any color of bell peppers that you like. They are all good, so there are no wrong answers here.
- Onion: Chop up some onion and add it to the skewers. It’s a great addition, and they get a caramelized texture when grilled.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP KABOBS
Because making homemade Cajun shrimp kabobs is so simple, we eat them often. They truly only take a few minutes to prepare and cooking is really speedy too.
Start off by combining the shrimp, sausage, garlic, olive oil, and cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Stir well so it’s combined.
Then take skewers and thread on the shrimp, sausage, peppers, and onions.
Add the skewers to a preheated grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Once the shrimp is done, drizzle with some freshly squeezed lemon juice and add a sprinkle or two of fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
HOW DO I PREPARE SKEWERS FOR GRILLING?
When it comes to cooking kebabs, the last thing you need is burnt skewers. Trust me, I have been there, and it’s no fun. So, the best thing to do is either use metal skewers or soak wooden ones. This will prevent you from having flair ups and flames that burn the skewer. To soak the skewers, place them in a container with warm water for 15-30 minutes before cooking with them.
CAN I MAKE GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP KABOBS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can make the kabobs ahead of time. Remove the meat and veggies from the skewer and place all of them in a plastic or glass storage container. Be sure they have cooled properly before storing them. The leftovers will last up to three days. Reheat in the microwave and enjoy!
DELICIOUS SEAFOOD RECIPES
If you are a fan of seafood, don’t forget about these other delicious recipes.
- Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs
- 15 Minute Garlic Shrimp Zucchini Pasta
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon & Veggies
- Salmon Avocado Salsa
Grilled Cajun Shrimp Kabobs
- 1.5 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on or off)
- 12-14 ounces smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 rounds (beef, chicken, or turkey sausage)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch pieces (colors of choice)
- 1 medium onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, sausage, minced garlic, olive oil, and cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Thread the shrimp, sausage, bell pepper, and onion onto skewers.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill skewers 2-3 minutes per side.
- To serve: Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.