Soft, flaky and tasty danish pastries filled with vanilla bean cream cheese and berries. These 3 ingredient pastries make an impressive breakfast, brunch or snack in under 20 minutes!
It doesn’t get any better than this. I’m obsessed you guys. Ever since I discovered how easy it easy to make all kind of delicious pastries with store-bought puff pastry, I’ve never ran out of it since. This basic dough makes the best, easiest and fluffiest pastries, effortlessly in minutes!
These 3 ingredients berry pastries are to die for! You can top them with your favorite seasonal fruit, jam, or make them plain with just cream cheese.
I like to use the New Finlandia Creamy Gourmet Cheese because it comes perfectly flavored and sweetened and makes the perfect filing for cheese danish. This means no need to add additional vanilla, lemon, sugar or anything else to the filling because this cheese has got it all!
The findlandia creamy gourmet cheese comes in 5 different flavors: black garlic, garden dill, classic creamy, sweet lemon, and vanilla bean. I like to use vanilla bean or sweet lemon for these pastries and they both work great!
To begin, simply cut your puff pastry into triangles, spread a tablespoon of Finlandia vanilla bean or sweet lemon cheese on each triangle. Top with your favorite fruit or jam and bake until flaky and delicious! Enjoy as breakfast, brunch or an anytime snack!
- frozen puff pastry 2 sheets, thawed
- 7 ounces Finlandia Cream gourmet Cheese vanilla bean or sweet lemon flavors
- 2 cups berries of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats; set aside.
- Roll out each sheet of thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface. Cut into 4 squares then cut each smaller square in half diagonally to form eight triangles from each sheet of pastry. Place the pastry triangles on the lined baking sheets then prick each triangle several times with a fork, leaving a 1/2-inch un-pricked border around the edges.
- Spread a portion of the cream cheese in the centers of each triangle, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edges. Top the cream cheese with a portion of desired berries or fruit.
- Bake the pastries for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed around the edges. Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Finlandia™. The opinions and text are all mine.