Keto-friendly garlic dinner rolls are fluffy, cheesy, and are a carb-lovers dream come true at just 4 net carbs per roll!
No doubt about it, the one thing I crave and miss most when I’m doing keto is BREAD. I love the smell, texture, and taste of bread so much, so when I began experimenting with keto bread recipes, I could not believe how good these dinner rolls are. They’re fluffy and pillowy and will satisfy your carb cravings for sure.
They’re perfect for serving on the side during dinner or can be used for making sliders or mini sandwiches. They’re also delicious with a pat of butter or cream cheese!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE KETO DINNER ROLLS
- Cheese: Mozerella cheese works best when making keto bread because it does not have a strong flavor so it won’t overpower your bread. Cheddar or just about any other melting cheese (except for parmesan) should also work.
- Eggs: Eggs add protein and texture to the dough and can’t be substituted with non-dairy alternatives.
- Almond Flour: we have only tested this bread with almond flour because it works best with keto bread and we highly recommend it for keto baking. If you would like to experiment with coconut flour, cut it by 3/4th (use 1/4th cup coconut flour for 1 cup almond flour).
- Cream Cheese: use full-fat cream cheese as low-fat cream cheese because the main use for the cream cheese is not to only add texture but also fat to the bread.
HOW TO MAKE KETO DINNER ROLLS
To make these keto dinner rolls we will be using what is called “fathead dough” which is a popular keto dough made from a mixture of melted mozzarella cheese, eggs, cream cheese, and almond or coconut flour. The mixture miraculously makes a dough that resembles traditional dough and results in bread that is pretty good for keto!
For these bread rolls, we will start with the fat-head dough then roll them into small balls and brush them with a garlic butter mixture then sprinkle them with parmesan and more mozzarella cheese. Pop them in the oven until risen and inhale the delicious aromas. The result is keto bread rolls that are out of this world!
Keto Garlic Dinner Rolls
Garlic Butter Topping
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp minced parsley, or Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup parmesan or cheddar cheese, optional, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a baking dish or oven-safe pan with butter or oil and set aside.
- Place mozzarella and cream cheese in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals until the mozzarella begins to melt. stir mozzarella and cream cheese until fully incorporated.
- Add the almond flour, eggs, baking powder, and garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Mix with a spatula until the mixture is completely combined and smooth. Divide dough into 8-10 equal size balls and place in baking dish.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt the butter. Add the minced garlic & parsley and whisk. Brush with garlic butter mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and more mozzarella cheese if desired. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.