So it’s march and the warm weather has finally broke through. It’s been so long since the weather was this nice; I would say about 4-5 months ago. Although it’s not officially spring yet, the first days of spring are the best days of the entire year. It’s a time when everyone appreciates the warmth and can’t wait to start doing all their hot weather activities.
The first thing I thought of was grilling! it’s like an all time classic during the summer and I couldn’t wait to jump right at it. The grilling, the meat, cold drinks, family fun.. Oh boy I’m super excited this year!
Have you ever tried salmon tacos? If you haven’t you are missing out on like on of the best foods in the world! Imagine the flavor of the grilled salmon paired with the amazing flavors of a Mexican salad and top it with sour cream… I think I’ll stop now.. ehm ehm..
Salmon is one of my grill favorites because it cooks so darn fast and is super soft and delicious! I marinated these fillets in a delicious dry herb mixture and grilled them for about 3-4 minutes on each side and by the time they were cooked I couldn’t even wait until I place them in the tacos; I started eating right away!
- 1 pound salmon fillet cut into 6 strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced or sliced avocado
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup canned corn optional
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 jalapeno sliced optional
- 1/2 cup sour-cream
- Mix half packet of taco mix with oil and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Rub on salmon and allow to marinate anywhere from 30 minutes to 48 hours, this step is not mandatory but doing so will allow the flavors to marinate into the salmon. Place salmon on a hot grill and allow to grill for 3-4 minutes on each side. Overcooking the salmon will make it hard.
- While the salmon is on the grill arrange the soft tacos by spread about 1 teaspoon sour cream on each taco. Add the lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos. Add hot salmon and top with corn and about 1/2 teaspoon of sour cream.