Banana Oat Muffins are Moist, fluffy, and full of flavor. Enjoy as many as you want because these delicious muffins are healthy and irresistible. They are made with NO sugar and NO butter!
If there’s one thing out there that I enjoy more than anything else, it’s healthy muffins. I’ve been making these healthy banana oatmeal muffins for years and my daughters love them. They have no idea they are “healthy”, so serve them during snack time.
They are made with NO sugar and NO butter! What makes these muffins naturally sweet is the addition of honey and the natural sweetness of the ripe bananas. Extra ripe bananas are the key to moist and sweet banana muffins!
Plus, they are made with 100% whole wheat flour and can be easily made gluten-free.
How to Make Healthy Banana Oat Muffins
To make these tasty muffins simply combine your dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk your wet ingredients in another. Next, combine the two just until lump-free.
Transfer batter to a 12-well muffin pan lined with papers liners or greased. Sprinkle with rolled oats and a dash of cinnamon (optional step).
Lastly, bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
The result is these soft and fluffy muffins that you won’t believe are healthier for you!
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed mashed ripe bananas about 2-3 large bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tin with butter or cooking spray or line with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, olive oil, milk, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Do not over-mix. You can add chocolate chip cookies or nuts at this point, if desired.
- Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle with rolled oats and cinnamon if desired.
Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.