Flavorful and moist pumpkin muffins are made healthier with whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and honey! Just when you thought pumpkin season couldn’t get any better, along came these healthy pumpkin muffins. They’re full of pumpkin and spice flavor and are everything full should be.
They’re made healthier by using healthy flour, oil, and sugar alternatives and are so delicious you would never know! They make a delicious grab and go breakfast or snack and are kid-approved too.
To Make Healthier Pumpkin Muffins You Will Need:
There are a few substitutions you can make with this recipe that will yield about the same results and help keep these muffins healthy.
- White whole wheat flour
- Whole wheat flour
- A mixture of 1:1 All-purpose flour and whole wheat flour
- Oat flour; old fashion oats blended in the blender until they reach a flour consistency.
- Maple Syrup
- coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
- almond butter
- apple sauce
- Any type of Cow’s Milk
- Any type of nut milk
- Greek yogurt
- dark chocolate chips or chunks
- chopped nuts
To Make Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Replace the eggs with flax eggs and the milk with almond milk.
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- In a large bowl whish the flour, pumpkin spice, and baking soda; set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, eggs, honey, oil, milk, and vanilla until combined. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Fold in your favorite add-ins if desired.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.