Spicy shrimp taco bowls loaded with avocado, black bean, corn, tomato, rice and topped with a creamy skinny jalapeno cilantro sauce.
If you’re a fan of shrimp tacos then you’re going to love these shrimp taco bowls. They are everything you love about a good shrimp taco but in a bowl. The shrimp is coated with taco seasoning and pan grilled on high heat until charred and tender.
The shrimp is then placed on a bed of rice and veggies and topped with a quick low-fat cilantro sauce. If your watching your weight, go ahead and skip the rice and use your favorite greens as the base!
Healthy Shrimp Taco Bowls with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, packet or home-made
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup tomato, chopped (any type)
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips, optional
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Jalapeno cilantro sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup low-fat greek yogurt or sour-cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Coat shrimp in 2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Heat a large heavy-duty pan to high heat. Add olive oil and shrimp to pan. Cook shrimp on high heat for 2-3 minutes per side without over-crowding.
- To make cilantro sauce: Pulse all the ingridents in a food processor or blender for 1 minute or until the garlic and jalapeno are no longer visible.
- To assemble bowls: Divide cooked rice into four bowls. Top each bowl with 1/4th of the shrimp, avocado, tomato, black beans, corn, onion and tortilla strips. Drizzle with a squeeze of lime and the cilantro sauce and enjoy!