Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball loaded with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeno, pecans, and so much more! Serve with a side of veggies or crackers and enjoy this quick 15-minute appetizer as a tasty snack or crowd-pleasing treat!
If you like serving cheese balls with crackers, you need to try this Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball. It is creamy, cheesy, and full of great flavor because of the onion pepper, garlic powder, and additional ingredients added to it.
The cheese ball has a slight bit of heat to it because of the chopped jalapeno peppers, but that makes it perfect for anyone who likes spicy treats. You can eat the cheese ball with all kinds of crackers, bacon, pretzel sticks, and even sliced French bread.
What You’ll Need to Make the Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball
You should have some important ingredients to make your Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball, such as:
- Full-Fat Cream Cheese. You will use the cream cheese to create your cheese ball because of its flavor and texture that it offers.
- Garlic Powder. Adding garlic powder to your cheese blend gives it more flavor and makes it taste even better when added to crackers and veggies.
- Finely Chopped Jalapenos. Chop your jalapenos down into small pieces before adding them to the cheese ball.
- Cheddar Cheese. The cheddar cheese pairs well with the cream cheese.
- Pecans. Chop some pecans and add those chopped pieces to the top of your cheese ball as a garnish.
You should also have green onions, salt, onion pepper, and sour cream available to create the Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball.
How to Make a Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball
When making your Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball, start by adding the cream cheese to a mixing bowl with sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, chopped jalapenos, salt, and green onions.
Mix it well to ensure that all ingredients are blended perfectly together. After you mix those ingredients, remove the mixture from the bowl and place it on plastic wrap.
Cover the cheese with the plastic wrap and begin forming the cheese into the shape of a ball. Place the cheese ball in your fridge to let it cool for about 15 minutes before removing it.
After you remove it from the fridge, place chopped pecans, chopped jalapenos, green onions, and more cheddar cheese on parchment paper. Press your cheese ball on top of the transfer paper, making sure it gets covered with the toppings. You can then serve this delicious cheese ball with a side of your favorite crackers.
How to Store Your Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball
You can store the Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball in a food storage container. You should keep it wrapped in plastic wrap before you place it into the food storage container. The cheese ball will stay fresh in your fridge for up to two weeks, meaning you can make it ahead of time and then bring it with you to a special event or potluck that you might attend with friends, family, or co-workers.
To freeze: If you need to store it longer than two weeks, put your cheese ball in the freezer. Make sure to keep it wrapped in plastic wrap before placing it in the freezer to keep it fresh for up to four weeks.
More Delicious Cheesy Appetizers
Cheese Stuffed Bacon Mashed Potatoes
5 Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers
Jalapeno popper cheese ball
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tbsp sour cream at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp jalapenos, finely chopped + 1 tablespoon for topping
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped + 1 teaspoon for topping
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded + 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, jalapenos, green onions, and salt. Mix it well until well combined.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to a clean wrap and form the cheese mixture like a ball shape and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- On parchment paper add the chopped pecans, green onions, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese. Transfer the cheese ball to the parchment paper and coat them well with the pecan pieces.
- Serve the cheese ball with the crackers.
Mark NewWood says
Looks so delicious. I am going to try this recipe tomorrow. Thanks a lot for sharing such amazing recipes.
Looks really yummy! Can I substitute real bacon bits for the crispy fried bacon?
Thanks for this great recipe ‘