I had a bag of these colorful sweet peppers in my fridge for about a week and it was driving me crazy. Although I use them in a ton of dishes, I wanted to us them up before they went bad. After much debating with myself, I decided to oven roast them. That’s my favorite way to cook bell peppers so sweet peppers shouldn’t be any different, if not better.
I stuffed them with my all time favorite five cheese mixture. It’s basically a mixture of all the cheese I had in the fridge ???? It all starts with cream cheese, then my 2nd favorite, mozzarella. After that is the cheddar and feta cheeses and last but not least, a cheese mixture would could not be complete without some fresh parmesan cheese.
If your like me and don’t always have all these cheeses in your fridge, feel free to go ahead and experiment with different type of cheeses or whatever cheese you have on hand (taco blend, pizza blend, pepper jack etc..). The essential most important cheeses though is the cream cheese and either cheddar or mozzarella and also some feta for the sour note.
I also added some spinach because it’s AMAZING when combined with cheese and then baked. This combo really does speak for itself and is very hard to resist.The end result is light charred sweet peppers stuffed with gooey salty cheese ????
5 Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 12 small sweet peppers halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 package 4 ounce cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or lightly grease with oil.
- In a Medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, and feta cheeses. Toss in chopped spinach, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix everything with a fork until the mixture is fully combined.
- Arrange sweet peppers on prepared baking sheet. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 10-15 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!