Keto chocolate lava cakes are the insanely delicious gourmet dessert you’ve been waiting for and are only 5g net carbs per serving! They’re smooth, creamy, and can be enjoyed guilt-free!
Whether you are hosting a dinner party, event, or just want a sweet treat after dinner, this keto chocolate cake recipe will win your heart. Everything about the fudgy flavor is so decadent that everyone will rave about them. They also make great gifts for friends or neighbors too!
While I don’t eat something sweet every day because I try to enjoy chocolate in moderation, I can’t get enough of this easy keto cake. Because I can easily whip up a batch of lava cakes in around 15 minutes, there isn’t much planning needed. As soon as the desire hits me for something decadent, and rich I can make them in no time.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE BEST KETO CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES
- 100% Dark Chocolate: Using 100% dark chocolate means that the chocolate doesn’t have any added sugar. This is ideal when you are eating a low-carb diet and will become a staple in your keto kitchen.
- Butter: Adding butter gives this lava cake the insanely delicious flavor and texture. Plus, you get lots of good fats too.
- Powdered Erythritol: I use powdered erythritol in many of my keto dessert recipes. It’s a natural sweetener that tastes great.
- Eggs: I recommend using two eggs because they help bind all the wet and dry ingredients together. Plus, the yolks add moisture to the cakes too.
- Almond Flour: The base of the molten keto cakes is almond flour, which is a great alternative to all-purpose flour which is loaded with carbs.
- Vanilla Extract: Try to always use pure vanilla extract whenever possible. It’s so flavorful and enhances your desserts, so they taste the best every time.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES
I’m so excited to share with you how to make this molten chocolate keto cake because I know you will love it. Start off by preparing your ramekins with butter and a sprinkle of cocoa powder. This recipe is super versatile, so you can either make 2 or 3 depending on how many you want.
Next, begin melting the chocolate and butter together. Slowly add in the sugar and mix well until there aren’t any lumps. Add in the egg, egg yolk, flour, and vanilla and give them a stir.
Bake the chocolate lava cakes for 10 minutes or until they are done. To serve, turn them upside down on a plate and add a sprinkle of powdered erythritol or cocoa. Enjoy with a helping of keto ice cream!
CAN I MAKE CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES FOR A CROWD?
Yes, absolutely! You just need to make as many batches of cakes as you wish and follow the directions. These lava cakes actually are amazing for parties, weddings, showers, and when you are hosting a community event. They are elegant and give low-carb eaters the option of enjoying a scrumptious dessert. Don’t be surprised if everyone is begging you for the recipe, though!
HOW DO YOU STORE CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES
If you do end up with leftover lava cakes, don’t worry, you can store them to eat later. For best results, wrap each cake individually using plastic wrap. Then place the lava cakes in the refrigerator. They will last 2-3 days. You can then eat them cold or warm them up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Keep in mind if you microwave the cakes, the texture may be different than when they were first made. This is normal, and the keto lava cakes will still taste great.
The Best Keto Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Heat oven to 425°F. Generously butter 3 (4 oz) or 2 (6oz) ramekins or custard cups and dust with cocoa powder; Set aside.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in medium microwaveable bowl on high for 1 min or until butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted then whisk in the sugar until mixed through and lump-free. Add the egg and egg yolk, almond flour, and vanilla; whisk just until mixed through.
- Divide batter into ramekins and bake 10 minutes or until sides are firm and center is still soft and jiggly.
- Cool for about 2-3 minutes then eat out of the ramekins or Turn out onto a plate and serve with a dusting of powdered sweetener, keto ice-cream or whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.