Tender Brussels sprouts cooked in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce and topped with crispy bacon making this a perfect Thanksgiving side dish or a complete low carb keto meal!
These brussels sprouts swimming in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce and topped with bacon will convert every brussels sprouts hater and will make you keep you coming back for more! They’re perfect if you’re on a keto diet and the addition of bacon truly makes this a complete dish. It also makes a flavor-packed thanksgiving side dish and will be sure to impress the entire family.
I’ve simplified the recipe to make these creamy brussels sprouts as EASY as possible in the shortest amount of time with the maximum amount of FLAVOR. It’s all made in one dish in under 30 minutes from start to finish. The bacon and brussels sprouts are all cooked in one pan from start to finish for easy cleanup.
To make keto brussels sprouts and bacon you will need
- Brussels sprouts
- Bacon cut into tiny pieces (can replace with bacon crumbles)
- your favorite melting CHEESE (a mixture of mozzarella and parmesan is the best)
- Heavy cream
- lots of GARLIC
It all starts with caramelizing the bacon bits until they are crispy (if you have bacon crumbles on hand you can go ahead and skip this step and go straight to cooking the brussels sprouts in butter and topping the dish with the bacon crumbles later). Next, the bacon is removed from the pan and you’re left with bacon fat that will contribute even more flavor to the dish. Butter, brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, and seasoning are adding to the bacon fat and cooked until tender then topped with the heavy cream and cheese.
The bacon is then returned to the dish as a topping and at this point, you are almost done and all that’s needed is to put the dish in the oven to cook the Brussels sprouts until tender, melt the cheese and form a crispy crust that is out of this world!
Creamy Brussels Sprouts (keto)
- 6 slices bacon*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups (or 32 oz) Brussel sprouts bottoms removed and halved
- ½ cup onion minced (optional)
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese*
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Heat a large heavy-duty pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook 3-4 minutes or until crispy (skip this step if using pre-cooked bacon crumbles).
- Remove the bacon from the pan and to the same pan, add 1 tablespoon butter, brussels sprouts, and onion. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning; Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream, stir until simmering. Taste the flavor and adjust salt and pepper as need. Drizzle with cheese and bacon. transfer to the oven and bake 15 minutes or until the brussels sprouts are tender.
REally enjoyed this recipe, easy to make!
This recipe is a 10/10 I seasoned with my heart ❤️ we’ll be making this again and again.
Any suggestions if I want to make a bigger batch of this for Thanksgiving? Does doubling all of the ingredients as listed work? I’m very much a recipe follower so I don’t wanna guess and mess it up. This sounds amazing.
This was soooo good! I made a vegetarian version of it and it tasted very similar to a really good homemade spinach and artichoke dip. I toasted some plain keto bread on the side for dipping and it was delicious!
Is it 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning as mentioned in the ingredient list or 1 tablespoon as mentioned in the instructions?
It’s 1 teaspoon!
Very good. I baked for 1/2 hour in the oven.
How many Carbs per person?
What is one serving? 1 cup 1/2 cup 3/4 cup?
Does anyone know?
at the bottom of the Blue Box it says
Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4 people Calories: 508kcal
Considering what is in t, that would be 508 per serving, or 2,016 if you eat the whole thing yourself. Sounds like you might, given the ingrediants.
Are the nutritional facts per serving or the whole dish?
Just made this and my whole family loved it, even the kids. thank you!
Del Jefferies says
So delicious and easy to make.