Lemon Ricotta Pancakes made with fresh lemon, lemon zest, and ricotta cheese – these lemony soft and fluffy pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast and are likely to become a new favorite!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
If you’d like to have pancakes that taste much different from what you’re normally preparing at home, try this recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. They have a naturally sweet taste that is refreshing and enjoyable. You can eat them on their own or serve them with some of your favorite breakfast foods, including eggs and meat.
What You’ll Need to Make the Pancakes
If you’re planning on making Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, be sure to have these important ingredients ready to use:
- All-Purpose Flour. Start with the flour to create the pancake batter.
- Sugar. Use sugar to add that sweet touch to your pancakes.
- Lemon Juice. Bring that lemon flavor to your pancakes with fresh lemon juice.
- Ricotta Cheese. Prepare pancakes with the perfect texture when using ricotta cheese.
You will also need a few other ingredients, including baking soda, baking powder, milk, lemon zest, salt, and eggs.
How to Make Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Make your Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with ease by adding your dry ingredients into one bowl.
Grab a separate bowl and beat your ricotta cheese with the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Add your milk into the bowl full of ingredients and mix everything together before combining the wet ingredients with the dry ones.
Grease a skillet, place it on the stove, and wait for it to heat.
Add about a ¼ cup of the pancake batter to the skillet, allow it to cook for a bit, and then flip it over when you notice the batter starts bubbling. Repeat this process with each of your pancakes.
How Many Servings Will the Recipe Make?
If you follow this recipe, you’ll have 12 pancakes. It’s enough to serve four to six people for breakfast! If you have a large family, double the recipe to make 24 pancakes.
How Long Does It Take to Make Lemon Ricotta Pancakes?
It doesn’t take long to prepare these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes from scratch. It should only take about 10 minutes or less to prepare your ingredients. Once you’ve got your ingredients mixed and ready to add to the skillet, expect it to take another 10 minutes for you to cook all 12 of the pancakes.
Can I Save Some to Eat Later?
You can save some pancakes and eat them later. Allow them to cool down before storing them in a food storage bag or container. Place them in the fridge to keep them fresh. Be sure to reheat and eat within three days of storing your pancakes in the fridge.
What Should I Add on Top of the Pancakes?
These flavorful pancakes taste excellent on their own, but you can add a few different toppings to them. Fresh blueberries add the perfect texture and taste to the pancakes. You might also want to add a bit of powdered sugar or maple syrup over your pancakes for an even sweeter taste.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl beat the eggs along with the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice. Add in the milk and mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Heat a skillet on medium flame, lightly grease, and pour ¼ cup of pancake batter. Flip to the other side once it starts bubbling up and cook for another minute.
- Repeat the same with the remaining batter and serve immediately by topping some blueberries and maple syrup (optional).