Eggplant slices topped with garlic, pizza sauce and cheese. These simple bites are made with just 6 simple ingredients in under 30 minutes and make the perfect healthy low-carb snack or meal. Small bite sized food are my favorite type of meals to munch on. I’ve posted a low-carb cauliflower crust pizza, a broccoli crust pizza and now it’s time for an eggplant crust pizza. Instead of shredded the cauliflower and broccoli like the other pizzas, this eggplant pizza is much easier to make.
To make the crust, you simply slice up an eggplant into thin slices and that’s it! Top it with olive oil, garlic and italian seasoning and bake until tender and then top with your favorite marinara sauce and cheese. Bake until bubbly and enjoy these healthy eggplant pizza bites for lunch, dinner, or a snack!
Low-Carb Eggplant Pizza BitesPrint Rate
- 1 large eggplant cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- Sprinkle the eggplant with the coarse salt, let sit on paper towels for 10-15 minutes and wipe dry.
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a small bow, combine the crushed garlic, olive oil, and italian seasoning, Brush the mixture onto both sides of the eggplant slices and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from oven and flip eggplant slices, top each slice with a tablespoon of marinara sauce, and a sprinkle of cheese. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted