The softest and chewiest 5 ingredient low-carb bagels are made with no sugar or butter They make the BEST keto sandwiches at under 8g carb per bagel and are ready in under 30 minutes! I’ve been on the Keto diet for 5 days and I swear if it weren’t for these keto bagels, I don’t know how long I would last. They’re so soft, chewy, and delicious, you won’t believe they’re actually low-carb. You can enjoy them with cream cheese, avocado or make an egg and cheese sandwiches for a filling breakfast.
The secret to making these low-carb bagels is cheese. I used mozzarella cheese are the binder to make the bagels chewy. For the flour, I used almond flour and a tablespoon of baking powder.
How Do I Make Low-Carb (Keto) Bagels?
To make keto bagels, simply microwave 3 cups mozzarella cheese with 2 oz cream cheese for 2 minutes. Next, mix in 1 3/4 cup almond flour, 2 eggs, and 1 tablespoon baking powder. Shape into doughnuts and bake for 15 minutes.
Are low-carbs Bagels Good For You?
Yes, at just 7.5 grams per bagel, almond flour low-carb bagels are a delicious low-carb alternative to bagels. They are great if you are trying to lose weight or on a KETO or PALEO diet.
How Many Carbs are in a Low-carb (Keto) Bagel?
A keto bagel is about 8 grams carbs per serving. They are a little smaller than regular size bagels but are very filling.
Watch the VIDEO Now How To Make Keto Bagels:
Low-Carb Keto Bagels (Fathead Dough)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the microwave and stir with a four until fully combined. Immediately add the almond flour, egg, and baking powder. Stir to combine until the flour and eggs are incorporated into the mozzarella. If the dough is sticky, knead with hand until long longer sticky.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a doughnut shape. Place on prepared baking sheet. Garnish with the desired topping or leave plain.
- Bake 15 minutes. If desired, broil for 1 minute to brown the top of the bagels.
Keto Avocado Egg Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
- 1 keto bagel
- 1 fried egg
- 1/2 avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp minced cilantro optional
- Slice keto bagel in half. Slice half of a small avocado into thin slices.
- Top bagel with 1/4-1/2 of an avocado and a fried egg cooked to the desired doneness. Drizzle with sriracha and cilantro. Enjoy!