Crispy Keto Low Carb Zucchini Fritters can be fried, baked, or Air-fried to give you the perfect appetizer for any occasion. They are filled with cheese, seasonings, fresh parsley, and lots of healthy zucchini. They are so EASY and go with everything and are only 2 net carbs each!
Anything with the word “fritter” in it is bound to be amazing! I made some Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters a while back that are legit crave-worthy! I was craving fritters, but I had found a great deal at the farmers market on zucchini. So, I thought I would play around and see if I could make something even half as good as the cauliflower fritters. These zucchini fritters are insanely good and turned out beautifully.
Crispy on the outside and filled with lots of yummy goodness on the inside. We have made them 4 times last month because we all love them so much. You are going to love them too, just you wait!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
- Zucchini: Of course the zucchini is the star of the show! You can pick them up at your local grocer, in your garden, or at a farmer’s market.
- Salt and Pepper: A little bit of salt and pepper will really kick up the flavors perfectly.
- Eggs: You’ll need large eggs to get the ingredients to properly bind together.
- Cheese: I like to use feta cheese, but grated parmesan is a fantastic choice as well.
- Garlic: Adding two cloves of garlic is just the right amount to take these from ordinary to extraordinary! You can always add more if you want.
- Scallions: We eat green onions on so many foods because they give you a subtle flavor that is terrific.
- Parsley: More often than not we use parsley. However, you can easily swap it for any of your other favorite herbs.
- Almond Flour: A little bit of almond flour gives the fritters a fabulous texture without adding many carbs. Coconut flour can also be substituted but you would only need 2-3 tablespoons.
- Oil: The oil is needed to give the zucchini fritters that amazing crispy exterior. Feel free to use butter or your favorite oil.
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
The flexibility of these zucchini fritters is amazing. I will give you options to pan fry, bake or even air fry. Let’s get started!
Begin by combining the shredded zucchini with the salt and let it set for 10 minutes. There will be a lot of water that comes out of the zucchini as it sits, so you’ll need to squeeze the excess water with your hands. Discard the water.
Then you will need to combine the eggs, shredded zucchini, feta cheese, garlic, scallions, and black pepper using a whisk. Slowly add in the flour and combine.
To Pan Fry: You will need to heat the skillet with medium-high heat and warm a tablespoon of oil. Take an ice cream scoop or even a large scoop to put the batter into the skillet. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden, crispy and cooked all the way through. Place the fritters on a pan that has been lined with paper towels.
To Bake: Warm the oven to 400 degrees and prepare 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Add some cooking spray and spoon batter onto the sheet. Flatten with the back of a spoon and spray each fritter with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
To Air Fry: Warm the air fryer to 375 degrees. Add the fritters to the fryer pan making sure they are in a single layer and not touching. Spray them with cooking spray and cook for 8 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Serve with some lemon wedges and any of your favorite chopped herbs. Top with your choice of yogurt, sour cream, tzatziki or any of your favorite dips.
More Satisfying Appetizers
Keto Low Carb Zucchini Fritters
- 3 medium zucchini (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta (or grated parmesan)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozerella or your favortie cheese
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 scallions (green onions, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped), or herbs of choice
- 1.4 tsp EACH ground black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded zucchini and salt; set aside for 10 minutes. After ten minutes, drain water from the zucchini by squeezing it with your hand and discarding the water.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, shredded zucchini, crumbled feta, garlic, scallions, and black pepper. Stir in almond flour until fully combined.
- To Pan Fry: Preheat a large pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop batter into the pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden crispy and cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined pan and repeat.
- To Bake: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Scoop batter onto a sheet pan and flatten. Spray top with more cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To Air fry: Preheat Air Fryer to 375F. Place the fritters on the preheated Air Fryer mesh in a single layer. Spray with cooking spray or brush with oil. Cook for 8 minutes. Turn the fritters and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- To serve: Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh chopped herbs. Serve with cold yogurt, sour cream, tzatziki, or your favorite dip.