Sunday morning brunch is one of my favorite meals of the week. I look forward to it all week and because it’s the only time we get to have breakfast together as a family, without rushing out the door that is.
Problem is that my daughter is very picky so I’m always trying to develop recipes that she can enjoy along with us. At first, I was hesitant to add peppers to the dish but I had to because they are soooo good in eggs. She loved these mini egg and cheese tortilla cups and so did we!
This is as easy as it can get folks. These mini egg and cheese breakfast bites are perfect for kids and adults. They are also great on the go, take em to school or work and watch the compliments roll in!
The mixture I used to fill the tortillas is very basic yet absolutely delicious. Your going to need some flour tortillas, any type of shredded cheese you like ( I used a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella), sour cream (you can also use heavy cream or milk), and veggies. I used a mixture of colored bell peppers and onions.
I advise you to make extra because these little bites will not last! my daughter literally finished half of them before they even hit the table!
Mini Egg and Cheese Tortilla CupsPrint Rate
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream or milk, or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese you can use any type, I used cheddar and mozzarella
- diced veggies I used a mixture of bell peppers and onions
- 1 extra large tortilla or 4 small
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and cut out 4 small (about 3.5 inch) round circles out of the tortillas, you can use anything that has a rim, can, cup, bowl. If you are using big tortillas cut the four circles out of one tortilla. If you are using small tortillas you will only be able to cut one out of each tortillas. Press each wrap circle into 4 greased muffin tins using your fingers. It's okay if it doesn't fit perfectly, it will balance out after you add the eggs. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whip the eggs and sour cream until fully combined, it's okay if it's a little lumpy, the sour cream will bake into the eggs. Add half of the cheese and set half aside, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the equally into the prepared muffin tins ( into the tortillas), then sprinkle the veggies as desired. Bake for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes sprinkle the rest of the cheese on the eggs, continue baking for 3-5 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly and tortilla crust is golden. Serve warm, eat using a fork or grab one and bite right in!