Chicken Burrito Bowls loaded with rice, chicken, black beans, corn, salsa, and spices all made in one pan in under 30 minutes!
If you haven’t noticed, we love Mexican food around here. When we were living in Philly, we lived in a neighborhood with lots of Mexican restaurants and food carts, so we certainly enjoyed the authentic Mexican food there. After moving to the DC area I was shocked by how expensive Mexican food is here. Other than Chipotle or Qdoba, you pretty much won’t find anything under $10.
A few months ago I began making my burrito bowls at home. A few of my favorite homemade burrito bowls include the Chipotle’s CopyCat Chicken Burrito Bowls and the Qdoba Copycat Chicken burrito bowls. It’s much more affordable making the bowls at home and tastes 1000x better too!
This one pot chicken burrito is even better. It’s delicious, cooks in under 30 minutes and cleanup is a breeze! It’s perfect as a weeknight meal 🙂 We’ve had this recipe on our dinner routine for a few months now because of how delicious and easy it is to make.
To Make One Pan Chicken Burrito Bowls:
To begin, gather and prep all your ingredients so they are ready at hand.
Next, Simply cook down the chicken, onion, and garlic until lightly browned then go in with the black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, salsa, jasmine rice, and seasoning.
Top off with the chicken stock and simmer until the recipe is soft and fluffy. That’s pretty much it!
Serve with avocado, sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, or toppings of choice!
Easy One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 1 pound chicken breasts cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can corn drained
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup jasmine or Basmati rice I used Basmati
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- Avocado, tomato, Sour cream, cilantro
- Heat a large pan or pot to medium heat. Add the cubed chicken, onion and olive oil. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles,salsa, jasmine rice, taco seasoning,cumin, chili powder and salt & pepper.
- Pour in chicken stock or water and then bring to a light boil. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is all the way cooked.
- Top with your favorite toppings.