Living with a 5 year old, pancakes just don’t cut it. I have to sugar coat everything for her, including pancakes. I decided to try Oreo pancakes this morning. And while I was making them for her at first, I ended up eating most of them ( I know.. sometimes I can’t help myself). I really can’t explain how good these pancakes are. Top them with frozen whipped cream and some maple syrup and omg. Melt in your mouth goodness!
Pancakes can be really good if made right. I hate it when pancakes are flavor less or chewy! It’s really hard to make perfect pancakes from scratch because they never end up tasting as good as boxed mix. Luckily for you, I’m obsessed with pancakes. I must have literally tired 40 times before I came up with the perfect batter. They come out nice and fluffy and full of yummy flavor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 crushed oreos
- Frozen whipped cream
- Heat a flat griddle or pan on medium hight heat.
- shift the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar, and crushed Oreos (set 1 tablespoon of crumbs aside). In a separate medium bowl whisk the egg, butter and milk. Add the dry ingredients into the milk mixture and whisk for 30 seconds. If the batter is too lumpy add a little more milk.
- Grease the griddle and use about 1/4 cup of mix for each pancake. Cook until the pancakes begin to bubble up and are brown on the sides. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minutes. Remove from heat and spread with frozen whipped cream and sprinkle the rest of the Oreo crumbs.