Don’t you just just hate it when you have leftover chicken in the fridge that looks unappetizing and you have no clue what to do with it? I know, I do too! I always end up with a bowl of leftover chicken every other day and I can never get myself to throw it out because it’s such a waste to throw out perfectly fine chicken.
One of my favorite things to do is wrap up leftover chicken in tortillas and cook them it in different ways with different spices. Tortillas cook very fast and are also great for taking to work or eating as a snack.
I love using flour tortillas for a ton of things. I always have a few bags in my freezer so I NEVER run out of them. I get all different sizes for tacos, fajita, burritos and what not but never actually end up using the right size for the food I’m making. I usually switch it up a bit in order to make smaller or bigger servings.
Over the past few months I’ve shared quite a few flour tortilla recipes including the quick and easy chicken burritos, the 3 ingredient southwestern chicken rolls, and the grilled salmon soft tacos, oh and I almost forgot one of my fave quick recipes, the buffalo chicken quesadillas.
This is one of my favorite quick and easy recipes because it literally takes minutes to put together and makes a great lunch, dinner or snack.
All you need for this recipe are a few basic ingredients and my guess is that you already have them in your fried right now. Your going to need one cup of cooked shredded chicken. Leftover rotisserie chicken usually works best but you can also grilled a chicken breast and shred it or use any other type of shredded leftover chicken.
- 4 8-10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese I used cheddar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded chicken, cheese, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper.Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place one tortilla on the pan, top with half the mixture and spread out evenly, top with another tortilla. Cook for 2 minutes then flip with a spatula and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until light golden and the cheese is melted. Repeat for 2nd quesadilla.
- Remove from heat and cut into 8 slices. Serve with salsa or guacamole.
- Serve warm with your favorite salsa.