Healthy and flavorful Chicken, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and fajita seasoning all bake in one sheet pan in under 30 minutes. This quick sheet pan meal makes a delicious weeknight dinner with minimal mess and clean-up!
For years I’ve been making fajitas at home and every time I’ve always aimed for that smokey grilled flavor that authentic fajitas must-have. I didn’t expect the authentic flavor with the baked version but boy was I surprised. Turns out roasting the chicken and vegetables in the oven gives them that slightly charred edge and smokey authentic fajita favor.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE SHEET PAN FAJITAS
To make these delicious fajitas you will need:
Chicken breasts: Chicken breasts work best because they cook quickly and are healthy too. They can easily be replaced with boneless skinless chicken thighs or sliced steak if desired.
Bell pepper: Bell peppers are an essential part of chicken fajitas and are highly recommend for the full experience. For a colorful dish, we like to use a mixture of red, yellow, and green bell peppers but whatever you have on hand will work!
Onion: Onion will add so much flavor and texture to the dish and is another essential part of chicken fajitas. We highly recommend using it as any type of onion will work well.
Garlic: The garlic is optional because we are already using garlic powder but I LOVE garlic especially in Mexican dishes because it adds so much flavor.
Olive oil: Olive oil is a healthy option but it can also be replaced with any vegetable oil or even avocado oil, as desired.
Fajita seasoning: You can use store-bought fajita seasoning mix if desire but we highly suggest trying our homemade version which is so much healthier, cheaper and tastier than store-bought seasoning!
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS
Making sheet pan chicken fajitas is as easy as combining all the ingredients in a large bowl and baking in a sheet pan for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are charred and tender.
HOW TO MAKE FAJITA SEASONING
For the spice mix, you can use a store-bought packet or try my homemade version which is so much better!
To make extra simply double or triple the ratios and store in an airtight container for future recipes!
Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (30 Minutes!)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large onion , sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium each green/red/yellow bell pepper , sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime, about 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp EACH paprika, Cumin
- ½ tsp EACH ground coriander, garlic powder, salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8 (6 inch) tortillas
- ½ cup sour cream optional
- ¼ bunch cilantro for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add the chicken, onion, bell pepper, garlic, olive, lime juice, and spices to a large mixing bowl and mix well to combine. Pour into a large baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice halfway through. After 20 minutes turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the edges of the vegetables become lightly charred.
- Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro. Serve on tortillas or rice along with avocado, sour cream or guacamole.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.