Prepare a fresh, flavorful, and perfectly moist Vegan Banana Bread using some of the finest ingredients. If you thought you had to give up eating banana bread because you are vegan and do not use eggs, think again! This recipe will not disappoint you or your family.
Banana bread is a classic treat in many households. There is a good chance that you have made it on multiple occasions in the past, enjoying slices of it for breakfast or as a sweet treat throughout the day.
However, if you are now following a vegan diet, you might not think you can make banana bread without using products from animals, such as traditional cow’s milk or eggs. With this Vegan Banana Bread recipe, you can make a genuinely delicious treat without feeling like you are cheating on your vegan lifestyle.
Vegan Banana Bread
Make the Vegan Banana Bread for various occasions. You can make it and slice it up to have as a quick on-the-go breakfast for yourself and your children. It is also great to eat as a midday snack or for an after-dinner dessert. It goes great with both ice cream and frozen yogurt. Because you can do so much with it, you might want to start making this delicious treat as often as possible.
What You’ll Need to Make Vegan Banana Bread
If you are going to make the Vegan Banana Bread, you should stock up on these important ingredients beforehand to have everything you need:
All-Purpose Flour – You will need a base for the banana bread. The all-purpose flour is what will help you prepare this delicious Vegan Banana Bread with ease.
Mashed Bananas – Mashing up a few bananas is a must when preparing this recipe. Make sure you have some ripe bananas ready to get added to the mixing bowl with other ingredients.
Granulated Sugar – The granulated sugar creates the sweet taste that you will enjoy with each bite of your banana bread.
Melted Coconut Oil – Melt your coconut oil and use it in this recipe to give your Vegan Banana Bread the right texture.
Vanilla Extract – A hint of vanilla extract is just what this banana bread needs to take it to the next level.
Some additional ingredients are needed, such as baking soda, baking powder, flaxseed, and salt. When you have the ingredients required, you can begin making this easy and delicious Vegan Banana Bread.
How to Make Vegan Banana Bread
Making Vegan Banana Bread is as simple as it gets. The first thing you need to do is put some of your dry ingredients in a bowl. In the meantime, you will mix flaxseed with the water, let it sit for a few minutes, and then add bananas, sugar, oil, and vanilla together.
You can fold your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, add any extras you might want to have in your banana bread, and then pour it into a loaf pan.
The extras that you can consider adding to your Vegan Banana Bread include mini chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, chopped walnuts, or peanut butter. Make sure to bake the bread at 350F for around 45 minutes.
The result is a delicious banana bread that is moist and flavorful. It’s as close as it can get to “regular” banana bread and I promise you will never know the difference!
More Delicious Banana Bread Recipes To Try
Vegan Banana Bread
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- ½ cup brown sugar , or granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil , or avocado oil or oil of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips , (vegan-friendly chocolate chips, nuts, or add-ins fo choice, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8×5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the flaxseeds in ⅓ cup of water and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Once the mixture has thickened, add the mashed bananas (or mash the bananas into the flax mixture), brown sugar, oil, and vanilla to the same bowl and whisk to combine.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet batter along with your add-ins of choice.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Slice and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.