If you are looking for an incredible classic Almond Flour Banana Bread recipe, you’ve come to the right spot. It’s sweetened with maple syrup, has ripe bananas, and the perfect touch of cinnamon in every bite. It’s fluffy, moist, and super simple to make.
Making and eating bread is one of my favorite pastimes. 🙂 Once you try it, you will totally understand my obsession. The aroma of freshly baking bread is enough to make me drool, and it makes that first bite pure heaven.
Almond flour gives the bread a lovely nutty flavor that goes so well with the bananas and other ingredients. The texture is so fabulous you wouldn’t even know that it doesn’t have flour in it if you didn’t make it yourself. Take it to your next potluck or party and everyone will be so excited about it.
While you are at it, you should check out some of my other yummy banana bread recipes too.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE ALMOND FLOUR BANANA BREAD
- Ripe bananas: Using ripened bananas will make the bread turn out much better than using bananas that aren’t all the way ripe. It will taste sweeter too.
- Large eggs: Whenever possible it’s helpful to use room temperature eggs when baking.
- Maple syrup: You can use maple syrup or even honey if you want to. Both are great natural sweetener options.
- Coconut oil: While I love the flavor and texture of coconut oil, you can also swap it for butter or avocado oil instead.
- Vanilla extract: This bread is amazing with a little bit of pure vanilla extract. You could also use almond extract for some added almond goodness.
- Almond flour: Using almond flour is a great option if you eat gluten-free.
- Cinnamon: Adding a little bit of spicy cinnamon is perfection in this banana bread.
- Baking soda, Baking powder, Salt: The baking powder and soda will give you the correct rise in the bread.
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND FLOUR BANANA BREAD
This banana bread is so easy, and it comes together in a snap. The part that takes the longest is part is waiting for it to bake, but it’s a great time to clean up and work on other things.
Warm your oven to 325 degrees and line your baking pan with parchment paper. Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl and mix in the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla with a whisk.
Add in the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until everything is incorporated. Then transfer the bread dough to the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until they are cooked all the way through.
Once you remove the bread from the oven, let it cool on a cooling rack, then slice and serve.
Optional Banana Bread Variations
What I enjoy about this particular recipe for banana bread is that it’s really versatile and you can add in all sorts of things. Add in 1/2 cup of any of the following:
- Chocolate Chips
How To Store Almond Flour Banana Bread
Wrap up the cooled banana bread then put it into a storage container. It will last 2-3 days on the counter or in the refrigerator. It tastes fabulous when it’s been chilled for a while or at room temperature. We like to make a loaf to have around for an easy snack or quick breakfast too.
More Yummy Almond Flour Recipes
If you enjoy this almond flour bread, try these additional almond flour recipes. They are so good.
Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with butter and set aside.
- Add the bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash. Add the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt just until fully combined.
- Transfer mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and allow to completely cool before slicing.