Search no further, you have found the ultimate 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies recipe. These cookies are soft, delicious, and a fantastic treat. Every bite is sweet and full of lots of peanut butter flavor.
Cookies are always going to be one of my go-to desserts. Why? Because not only do they taste amazing, they are completely portable and perfect for every occasion. What could be better than that?
If you love to make recipes that don’t take a ton of ingredients or work, these are exactly what you need in your life. Can you imagine only needing three ingredients and resulting in incredible cookies? It’s true and you are going to be thanking yourself when you taste them.
What You Need To Make 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut butter: As you can imagine peanut butter is the star of the show. It’s the base of these cookies and what makes them so irresistible.
- Granulated sugar: The sweetness in the cookies is pure delight. They aren’t too sweet, but they are sweet enough to cure your cravings.
- Egg: The final ingredient you need is one egg. It’s truly so simple!
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies
As I mentioned, these peanut butter cookies only require 3 ingredients. I don’t think you can find an easier or more delicious peanut butter cookie recipe.
Prepare two baking sheets with pieces of parchment paper and heat the oven to 350 degrees F. to get started.
In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg using a wooden spoon. You can also use an electric mixer if you want.
After the cookie dough is smooth then use a cookie scoop to roll them into evenly shaped cookie balls. Place them on a baking sheet and use a fork to press them down. This gives them the classic look of peanut butter cookies!
Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Then place them on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Devour!
Peanut Butter Cookie Variations
I love having a few options for variations for these cookies, and I thought you would enjoy the same. Consider adding in some extra ingredients to enhance the flavors even more.
- Vanilla: Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the cookie dough. It makes the cookies have even more depth in their flavor.
- Chocolate chips: If you are addicted to chocolate and peanut butter together, add in 1 cup of your favorite chocolate chips to the dough. Fold them in after mixing the batter.
- Ground cinnamon: Sometimes I am in the mood for a little spice in my life! Adding 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon is perfection.
- Chopped nuts: Use any kind of chopped nut that you like. Pecans, walnuts, or peanuts are our favorites. Just fold in 1/2 cup into the cookie dough right before rolling into cookie balls.
Can I Use a Different Type of Nut Butter?
Yes, if you want to make a variety of cookies or switch out the peanut butter because of a diet or allergy you certainly can. I have had great luck with cashew butter, almond butter, and sunflower butter. Use whatever fits your needs and you can’t go wrong.
How to make nut-free cookies
If you can’t eat nuts, don’t worry you can easily enjoy some of these cookies. Simply replace the peanut butter with sunflower seed butter instead. Then they will be nut-free and tasty!
How to store peanut butter cookies
After letting the peanut butter cookies cool down, place them into a food storage container. Make sure that the lid fits well and keep them airtight. They will last 3-5 days as long as they are kept away from moisture, sunlight, and heat.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl using a wooden spoon or electric mixer until smooth and fully combined.
- Scoop mixture using a medium cookie scoop and roll into balls. Transfer to baking sheets and flatten with the back of a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly browned on the edges. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes.
Too soft. Taste kinda weird too.
Easiest Yet to Make.Came out Exactly and Delicious Taste for Peanut Butter Cookies.A Light Delight for my Fiance who just Loves Them.Thanks So Much for Sharing.Next Stop for me will be Homemade Peanut Butter Cups as it’s New to me Making as this one.Awesome
WAYYYYYYY Too sweet. Kids wouldn’t even eat them.
Most people like it.. Add less sugar next time.
These are delicious! I added a wee bit more egg and a shot of vanilla extract. Thank you!
Can you freeze peanut butter cookies??? Thank you
Yes! You can freeze them in freezer zipper bags up to 2 months.
They are very sweet. Took about 20 minutes in the oven as they were falling apart and my oven can be wonky. I placed the oven rack on a lower level. They are cooling off.
Jim Hart says
Hi Is there a sugar substitute that can be used? agava or Monk fruit?
Most sugar substitutes will work! If you are looking for a keto-friendly version, please check this out:
Hilly Ellis says
I used brown sugar , taste delicious , make them for friends and family . I’ve also added raisins 😛
pAT MUELLER says
im gonna make these they are easy and welove peanut butter cookies thanks for sharing
You were right!!! I wasn’t sure that it would work. I add chocolate chips and they were so yummy!