Crispy Golden on the outside and incredibly tender on the inside, salmon cooked in a buttery Lemon Garlic Sauce is a must-try! This impressive seafood dish will become a family favorite and is perfect for serving with a side of rice or veggies.
If you would like to make a flavorful seafood dish that tastes just like what you would expect to get at a fancy restaurant, you should try this Blackened Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter recipe. With minimal ingredients and less than 15 minutes of your time, you can have this flavorful salmon ready to serve over a bed of rice or with anything else you might prefer to eat with it. Both the garlic and lemon pair perfectly together to create the perfect sauce for the blackened salmon.
What You’ll Need to Make the Blackened Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter
If you would like to give this Blackened Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter a try, you will need to get the following ingredients:
- Salmon Filets. You cannot make the blackened salmon without having several salmon filets to use.
- Minced Garlic. Using minced garlic is the best way to add that fresh garlic taste to the butter.
- Garlic Powder. The garlic powder is just one of several seasonings that you will use directly on your salmon.
- Cayenne Pepper. Adding cayenne pepper to your salmon is the perfect way to give it a bit of a kick.
- Butter. Use any butter brand to prepare the garlic lemon butter sauce that you will enjoy with your blackened salmon.
- Lemon Slices. Instead of using lemon juice, use fresh lemon slices to prepare this meal.
Besides these ingredients, you will also need to have pepper, paprika, onion powder, dried oregano, fresh parsley, olive oil, and salt.
How to Make Blackened Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter
You do not need to have years of culinary experience to make this delicious Blackened Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter. Start by preparing your spice rub.
You will add all of your assorted spices into a bowl, mixing them well together. Add a bit of olive oil to both sides of the salmon filet before placing the salmon into the bowl with the spices and coating it on both sides.
Add more olive oil to a skillet and begin cooking your salmon for about five minutes on both sides until it becomes dark. Remove the salmon, add your butter to the skillet, and then toss in both the garlic and parsley.
Continue to cook it until it has slight golden color, and then add your salmon back into the skillet. Place a few lemon slices into the skillet with the salmon, let it all simmer for two minutes, and then serve.
How to Store Blackened Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter
You can store the Blackened Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter in the fridge for up to four days. If you plan on storing it in the refrigerator, wrap it in aluminum foil and make sure to fold both sides of the foil tightly to keep the air out. If you do not want to use aluminum foil when storing this meal, you can place it in a shallow airtight food container.
More Delicious Salmon Recipes
Blackened Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter
- In a medium bowl prepare the spice rub by combining garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, ground pepper, oregano, and salt.
- Coat the salmon fillets with olive oil and sprinkle the spice rub all over.
- Heat a large skillet with the remaining oil and add the salmon fillets. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side until the salmon fillets turn crispy and blackened. Remove the fillets and keep them aside.
- In the same skillet add the butter. Once the butter has melted add the garlic and parsley. Cook for 2 minutes until the garlic turns crispy golden.
- Return the fillets to the skillet with few lemon slices. Let it simmer in butter sauce for 2 minutes.
- Serve the salmon while it is still warm along with the butter sauce and fresh parsley.