Bake a fresh Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting to create a deliciously sweet dessert that is great to have after dinner or whenever you want it. The recipe is easy and will leave you with the tastiest carrot cake you have ever had.
If carrot cake is a sweet treat that you have always liked, you will thoroughly enjoy this homemade Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. Learn how to prepare the carrot cake from scratch using assorted baking ingredients.
The finished dessert will have the perfect taste and texture, making it a great dessert to make for the family or for friends when attending different events, including work parties and holiday gatherings.
What You’ll Need to Make Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Prepare and bake the Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting when you have these ingredients in the kitchen to use:
- All-Purpose Flour. The flour is what you will start with when creating your cake mix from scratch.
- Ground Cinnamon. Use ground cinnamon in your cake mix to give it that slightly sweet, slightly woody taste.
- Finely Grated Carrots. Make sure you are using finely grated carrots when preparing this carrot cake because you want them to hardly be visible.
- Vanilla Extract. As with many baking recipes, vanilla extract is a must-have ingredient because of the added flavor it brings to the cake.
- White Granulated Sugar. Putting sugar into the mixture with the flour will help you create a cake that has a sweet touch to it.
- Chopped Pecans. Add some chopped pecans to give your cake a slight crunch. You will need to add some to the cake batter and save some to put on the cream cheese frosting after you apply it to the cake.
There are a few other baking essentials that you will need when making this cake, such as baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger, allspice, brown sugar, and more. If you love baking, you probably have all the required ingredients at home.
How to Make Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Making this cake is easier than you may think. To begin, mix your dry ingredients into one bowl and wet ingredients into another bowl. Put your grated carrots, raisins, and chopped pecans into the bowl full of wet ingredients.
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, add the cake batter to a cake pan, and put it in the oven where it will need to bake for about 45 minutes.
Remove the cake pan from the oven, set it on a cool rack, and allow it to cool down for at least 15-20 minutes. You may then remove the cake from the pan and begin preparing your homemade cream cheese frosting.
Mix cream cheese with butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar to create a fully frosting that goes perfectly with the cake.
Add some pecans on top and you will have created the best Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting.
How to Store the Carrot Cake
Cut the cake into slices, wrap each slice with plastic wrap, and then store your cake in the fridge. The Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting will stay fresh in the fridge for up to five days. If you need it to last longer than that, put your carrot cake slices directly in your freezer. You can keep the slices of cake in the freezer for about six months before they would need to get eaten.
More Delicious Desserts to Try
Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp allspice
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped + ¼ cup for decorating
- 1/3 cup black raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 3 – 8 inch round pans (or one 9×13 inch pan) and line with parchment paper; set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients; apple sauce, oil, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar, white sugar until well combined.
- Add in the grated carrots, pecans, and black raisins. Gently fold them until well distributed evenly.
- Pour the batter on the prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the cakes to a cool rack and allow it to cool down for 15 minutes. Flip the cakes and remove the cake pan carefully.
To Make the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and butter for 5-7 minutes until they turn light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract and powder sugar in batches and beat them until the frosting doubles and turns white and fluffy.
- Once the cakes have completely cooled down, slice the top of the cakes to even them out and create a flat surface using a serrated knife. Place one layer of cake on a cake stand and add about 3/4 cup of the frosting and spread out, repeat with the remaining layers. Spread the remaining frosting on top and the sides of the cake. Top with crushed or finely chopped pecans and transfer to the refrigerator or slice for serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.