Craving a cheesy low-carb treat that you can make in 30 minutes or less? If so, you need to try these Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters. They’re tender and cheesy on the inside, and crispy on the outside. They make a delicious low-carb appetizer or make-ahead meal.
If you would like to avoid extra carbs while preparing something simple and good for you, the Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters recipe is ideal. The recipe consists of fresh spinach and a blend of different cheeses, including mozzarella and parmesan. It does not take long to prepare the fritters or cook them in a skillet with oil.
Once you make them, you can serve them as an appetizer or eat them for lunch and dinner when you feel like having something light, delicious, and fulfilling.
What You’ll Need to Make the Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters
The ingredients needed to make the Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters include:
- Chicken Breast. Use boneless, skinless chicken breast and cut it into tiny pieces.
- Fresh Spinach. Make sure you grab at least two cups of fresh spinach to use when preparing your fritters. It seems like a lot of spinach but wilts away and is not even noticeable in the final dish!
- Mozzarella Cheese. Add mozzarella cheese with your chicken and spinach for more flavor and cheesiness. You can use mozzarella or your favorite melting cheese. Cheddar, Mexican, taco, or any other blend works well!
- Parmesan Cheese. Use parmesan cheese to make your fritters even cheesier. You can go ahead and use freshly grated parmesan or pre-shredded parmesan.
- Eggs. You will need to mix the eggs with your chicken and other ingredients to get them moist enough to stick together to shape the fritters.
You will also need flour, minced garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and chopped green onions when making these fritters.
How to Make Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters
Make your Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters by adding oil to a skillet and heating it. Put your spinach in the skillet and allow it to cook until it wilts. After cooking the spinach, add it to a bowl with the chicken, egg, flour, mozzarella cheese, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, green onions, salt, and pepper.
Mix your ingredients together for a few minutes. Add extra oil to the skillet, allow it to get hot, and then add small amounts of your prepared mixture into the oil, patting it down gently.
Cook the fritters for three minutes on one side, flip it over and then cook until golden.
Place your fritters on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil and serve them with a side of ketchup, mayo, or your favorite dipping sauce!
How to Store Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters
Store your Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters in a resealable food storage bag. Place the fritters inside the bag, press down gently to let out any extra air, and then seal shut. Place the bag in your refrigerator to keep the fritters fresh for up to four days.
If you want to keep them even longer, put them in the freezer. The fritters will stay good in your freezer for about six months.
How to Make a Special Dip to Eat With the Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters
If you like both mayo and ketchup, prepare the perfect dip for your fritters by combining equal parts of both ingredients. Add a teaspoon of yellow mustard and a teaspoon of minced garlic before mixing all ingredients together and serving alongside the fritters. You can also add sriracha to the mixture if you want to make it spicy.
Here are a few of my favorite dipping sauce!
Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Fritters
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into tiny pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Heat a skillet and add a teaspoon of oil. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- In a medium bowl add the cooked spinach along with the chicken pieces, eggs, flour, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, pepper, green onions, and salt. Mix it well.
- To a wide skillet add the remaining oil; add around 2 tablespoons of the prepared fritters mixture and pat down evenly. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side and flip to the next side and cook until golden. Repeat the same with the remaining mixture and work on batches.
- Transfer the cooked fritters to a plate and serve along with the ketchup or mayonnaise.
Leave a Reply