Reading for a soup recipe that is ready in less than 60 minutes of time? This Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup is just what you need! The perfect serving size to feed your family a quick and easy weeknight meal.
This delicious creamy roasted cauliflower soup is healthy and delicious at only 164 calories per serving. Plus, it’s low-carb and vegetarian friendly too!
Cauliflower is one vegetable that can literally be eaten in so many different ways. While most people have jumped on the cauliflower train to eat low carb or keto, it’s actually just a really simple vegetable to cook up and enjoy.
This simple soup recipe using cauliflower is one that takes minimal time to prep but delivers big on flavor and taste. I love how creamy the texture of this simple soup is and that it’s made using common ingredients that you’ll have no issue finding at the store. (You might even have them all already at your house – that’s a win!)
Once the cooler weather is knocking at the windows and doors to get it, this easy soup recipe needs to be on your menu. It’s a great way to fuel the body with a healthy meal and warm your tummy right up as well.
TO MAKE CREAMY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP YOU WILL NEED:
- cauliflower – Clean and chop into smaller pieces.
- red onion – I like to use sweet onions for this dish for flavoring.
- garlic cloves – The more garlic, the better!
- olive oil – Coconut oil would work as well.
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper powder – This is optional but adds a good heat.
- ground nutmeg – Adds a warm and nutty flavoring.
- chicken broth – Adjust to the soup consistency.
- butter – If you use salted butter, omit adding in more salt later.
- red chili flakes, optional
- parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Bread croutons, to serve (optional)
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. As the oven is heating, cut up the head of cauliflower into chunks.
Toss in olive oil and spices and roast in the oven for 35 minutes. (There will be other veggies on the baking sheet as well – grab the full details in the recipe below)
Once the time has passed and they’re roasted, blend the roasted veggies in the blender to make them creamy and smooth.
Add the soup mixture to a pot to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add seasonings to your liking. Serve, top with croutons if desired, and enjoy!
What are the most common soup toppings?
Toasted bread or croutons are going to be at the top of the list but I think that it really depends on the type of soup. Shredded cheese is always good as is a scoop of sour cream, too.
How do you store leftover soup?
Making soup is awesome because there are always leftovers! Just store the soup leftovers in a container with a lid and keep it airtight in the fridge. You can then warm it up slowly on the stovetop or quickly in the microwave the next time you’re wanting a bowl.
Can you freeze cauliflower soup?
Personally, I think that all soups are freezable but due to the creamy texture of this homemade soup, I wouldn’t put this in the freezer. This simple soup recipe is meant to be made fresh and eaten right away.
What side dishes go well with soup?
Soup is really quite a meal on its own but there is always room for more! Sandwiches would be a great addition or just a plate of cheese and crackers would be great, too.
And if you can decide on a side dish or any other recipe to pair up with your piping hot bowl of soup, just skip it and head straight to dessert. That seems like a simple solution that we can all get behind!
Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 small red onions cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- bread croutons optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Cut the cauliflower base and separate florets; transfer them to the tray. Add the red onions to the same tray.
- Toss the olive oil over the cauliflower along with the spices; salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. Coat them well.
- Place it in the oven and roast for 30-35 min until the cauliflower is roasted, flipping it halfway through. Heat a heavy bottom pot over medium heat; add the roasted cauliflower along with the chicken broth. Let them simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer them to a blender; puree the soup until smooth and creamy. Add the butter and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into the same pot and simmer for 2-3 minutes. If the soup consistency is thick add some more broth to make it a little thin.
- Spice up the soup with red chili flakes on top before serving and garnish with parsley, olive oil, and croutons on the side.
Might want to edit the instructions to include when to add the garlic. I roasted mine with the cauliflower and onions. Yum!