Quick and easy to make asian flavored ‘zoodles’ are ready in under 10 minutes and make the perfect low-carb side dish.
Ever since I finally got a spiralizer, I’ve been spiralizing everything in sight! I’ve been able to incorporate so much more veggies into my diet by replacing fatty carbs with veggies. It’s the coolest thing ever and I promise you will never get tired of it!
Today I decided it’s about time I tried making Asian zucchini noodles. My daughters love noodles so I wanted to see if they will be able to spot the difference. I made these noodles with a side of their favorite chicken and broccoli and they loved it! To make the zucchini noodles, simple spiralize 2 zucchini using a sprializer. This is the one I like to use and you can get it on amazon here or most home stores. Next, make the sauce by combining dark soy sauce, sriracha, and brown sugar and setting aside. In a large pan stir fry a small onion and some garlic then add the sauce and noodles t the pan and cook for just a minute and you’re done!
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar use honey for paleo
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large zucchini spiralized
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sriracha, and brown sugar; set aside.
- To a large skillet, add 1 teaspoon oil (any type) and onions. Cook onions down for 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Next, add the sauce to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute then add the spiralized zucchini noodles and cook just for 1-2 minutes or until fully coated with sauce. Serve immediately!