A simple and easy to make one pan chicken is coated in lemon butter sauce and comes together in under 15 minutes. This unforgettable chicken is a must try weeknight dish.
I have just one word for this dish and it’s DELICIOUS.
I’ve made my share of chicken dishes and this is by far the easiest, tastiest lemon chicken ever. To make this chicken you’ll only need 4 ingredients (chicken, flour, butter, and lemon excluding spices) and about 15-20 minutes.
Simply combine the chicken breasts, flour and seasoning in a ziplock bag, then cook the chicken in butter. The butter browns as it cooks and caramelizes the chicken and lemons in the yummiest way possible!
- 4 large chicken breasts halved (or 4 small chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lemon sliced
- thyme optional
- Flatten chicken breasts out using a meat tenderizer to about 1/4 inch thick. Place flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large ziplock bag. Shake to mix. Add chicken breasts and shake once more to coat chicken.
- Melt butter in a large heavy-duty pan on medium-high heat. Add floured chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. The butter will begin to foam then settle down. [br
- Remove chicken from the pan and add the lemon slices and thyme to pan. Cook lemon slices for 1 about 1 minute per side. Return chicken to pan and top with the cooked lemons.
Serve with a rice, veggies, or salad.
Very good and easy to make! I liked mine with jasmine rice and I added a little Cajun seasoning to the flour mix!
Tried making this for my family and they loved it !
Had it for dinner tonight. Fast to make and yummy. light and lemony. my husband and daughter asked for me to add it to the meal rotation. five stars!
Tony t says
Do you use thyme sprigs?
How many sprigs and how long do u let it simmer
Chavell Parker says
It says one minute for each side on the lemons so a total cook time of 2 minutes.
This MEAL WAS GREAT! REALLY TOOK NO TIME AT ALL TO PREPARE AND WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! cOULDN’T HAVE BEEN MORE PLEASED. A HEALTHY CHOICE AS WELL!
We loved this. I made a sauce with a little flour, lemon juice, chicken bouillon powder, and water. Next time I’ll use a little less butter because it was a little greasy, but otherwise a fantastic recipe
JoJo Humphrey says
Simple, light, refreshing! Love this recipe! I served mine over angel hair pasta…so good!