A simple and easy to make one pan chicken is coated in lemon butter sauce and comes together in under 15 minutes. This unforgettable chicken is a must try weeknight dish.
I have just one word for this dish and it’s DELICIOUS.
I’ve made my share of chicken dishes and this is by far the easiest, tastiest lemon chicken ever. To make this chicken you’ll only need 4 ingredients (chicken, flour, butter, and lemon excluding spices) and about 15-20 minutes.
Simply combine the chicken breasts, flour and seasoning in a ziplock bag, then cook the chicken in butter. The butter browns as it cooks and caramelizes the chicken and lemons in the yummiest way possible!
4 ingredient Skillet Lemon Butter ChickenPrint Rate
- 4 large chicken breasts halved (or 4 small chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lemon sliced
- thyme optional
- Flatten chicken breasts out using a meat tenderizer to about 1/4 inch thick. Place flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large ziplock bag. Shake to mix. Add chicken breasts and shake once more to coat chicken.
- Melt butter in a large heavy-duty pan on medium-high heat. Add floured chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. The butter will begin to foam then settle down. [br
- Remove chicken from the pan and add the lemon slices and thyme to pan. Cook lemon slices for 1 about 1 minute per side. Return chicken to pan and top with the cooked lemons.
Serve with a rice, veggies, or salad.