Enjoy peanut butter cups but looking for a way to indulge without the guilt? Try this Healthy Peanut Butter Cups recipe. Now you can give in to the chocolate temptation while still sticking to a healthier way of eating.
I’ve always been a big fan of peanut butter cups, but let’s face it; they’re not that healthy. Although I wouldn’t give them up for good, I started eating them much less because I wanted to watch my calories and carbs while reducing my sugar intake. Although I thought I’d have to give up eating peanut butter cups for the most, I’ve recently found out that I don’t have to do that all. In fact, these Healthy Peanut Butter Cups are amazing.
Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
Who needs to go out and purchase unhealthy peanut butter cups when you can make healthy ones at home that taste just as good? If you follow this recipe, you’re going to be amazed at how good these peanut butter cups taste. The chocolate and peanut butter paired together will satisfy any craving you’ll ever have for something sweet and chocolatey.
What You’ll Need to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
If you’re ready to give these Healthy Peanut Butter Cups a try, you’ll need some baking ingredients, including:
- Dark Chocolate Chips. Melt those dark chocolate chips to create the perfect exterior chocolate shell to coat your peanut butter.
- Coconut Oil. Add a bit of coconut oil to the chocolate chips to get them to melt smoothly and with ease.
- Natural Peanut Butter. Choose your favorite natural peanut butter to use with the chocolate to create these peanut butter cups.
- Maple Syrup. You’ll mix your maple syrup with peanut butter to create the perfect consistency.
- Vanilla Extract. The vanilla extract gives the peanut butter an added touch that tastes great with the chocolate.
If you have these ingredients, you can make the Healthy Peanut Butter Cups in no time.
How to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
When making Healthy Peanut Butter Cups, start by getting your muffin tin ready and then adding some coconut oil to your chocolate before you begin melting it. After melting the chocolate, add a bit of it to the bottom of each muffin insert, freeze it, and then work on making your peanut butter mixture.
You’ll need to blend peanut butter with vanilla extract and syrup before adding it on top of the bottom chocolate layer. Put the muffin tin tray back in the freezer for an additional five minutes, pull it out, pour more chocolate on top of the peanut butter, and freeze again. It’s a step-by-step process, but it is a simple one.
Variations of the Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
You can make several variations of the Healthy Peanut Butter Cups. I’ve used white chocolate and milk chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips many times.
You can also choose any type of natural peanut butter you would like, such as creamy or crunchy. If you can’t eat peanut butter, you can substitute it with something else, such as cookie butter or almond butter. It’s all about making them taste the way that you like the most.
Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until melted.
- Fill each liner with about 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate or just enough to cover the bottom of the liner. Place in the freezer to set for 5 minutes while you prepare the peanut butter layer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Remove the cups from the freezer, and divide peanut butter mixture evenly into each cup (about 1 ½ tablespoon each).
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the peanut butter layer then pour the remaining chocolate over each cup (about 2 teaspoons each).
- Return to the freeze for another 15-20 minutes or until set.
Hi there!! They look delicious!!, I really want to make some but I have an eating disorder with my dieting so would these make me fat like gain weight, and how much can I eat without feeling guilty about it.