For the perfect refreshing side salad that you can eat with your favorite meat or by itself, try this Keto Broccoli Salad. It’s refreshing, healthy, and safe to eat when trying to monitor your carb intake.
Have you ever had broccoli salad? It’s absolutely delicious, but the original recipe is not keto-friendly. I’d stopped eating it because I wanted to watch my carb intake but have since found this Keto Broccoli Salad recipe that is perfect. It’s even better than the original version of broccoli salad but with fewer carbs and calories. You can eat this salad for lunch, as a quick snack, or even as a side with your favorite meat entree.
Keto Broccoli Salad
You might want to make this Keto Broccoli Salad to have at home, but you can also prepare it and bring it to different events with you. I’ve taken it to baby showers, holiday dinners, and family gatherings, and when I tell you it’s one of the first things to go, I’m being truthful. It seems everyone loves this Keto Broccoli Salad because they’re always tearing it up as soon as they put it on their plates.
What You’ll Need to Make Keto Broccoli Salad
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients to prepare this refreshingly tasty salad. A few of the ingredients required include:
- Broccoli. You can’t have broccoli salad without fresh broccoli. I like to buy a few broccoli heads to prepare this salad.
- Bacon. Chopped bacon tastes excellent with the bacon and goes perfectly in this salad. Use any bacon you like, such as beef, or turkey bacon.
- Chopped Walnuts. The walnuts offer an added crunch to this fresh salad. You can replace walnuts with macadamia nuts if you would like them instead.
- Sour Cream. The sour cream offers that creamy consistency needed to make this salad even more enjoyable.
- Mayo. Yes, this Keto Broccoli Salad does contain mayo, but you can use low-calorie options to make the recipe even lighter.
Besides these ingredients, be sure to have sunflower seeds, shredded cheddar cheese, apple cider vinegar, and a keto-friendly sweetener.
How to Make Broccoli Salad
Making the Keto Broccoli Salad is easy and straightforward. The only thing you’ll need to cook is bacon. I chop it up into small pieces before putting it in the skillet and cooking it until it’s crisp. While the bacon cooks, I add my broccoli and all other ingredients into a large bowl and mix them together. Once the bacon finishes cooking, I toss it in and give the ingredients another mix before putting the Keto Broccoli Salad in the fridge for a few hours.
How to Store Keto Broccoli Salad
Store your Keto Broccoli Salad in the fridge. It tastes best when it’s cold. You can pour it into a large container with a lid and keep it refrigerated for two days. If you’re making your Keto Broccoli Salad in advance for a party, put the container in the freezer and just thaw it for a few hours before attending the event.
Keto Broccoli Salad
- Dice bacon into small bite-size pieces. Heat a large heavy-duty pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crispy
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large serving salad bowl, Add the chopped broccoli, cheddar cheese, red onion, nuts, sunflower seeds, and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.