Healthy meal prep freezer breakfast egg and cheese sandwiches are loaded with veggies, turkey bacon, and cheese. This protein-packed breakfast sandwiches make the perfect grab and go breakfast! Finding time to make breakfast in the morning can be a challenge for just about anyone. Whether you’re going to school, work, the gym or even working from home, having breakfast prepared in advance will save you time, money and the stress of finding something to eat. Just pop a sandwich in the microwave and enjoy breakfast in minutes.
These healthy meal prep breakfast sandwiches are our favorite make-ahead breakfast sandwiches for a good reason. They are loaded with veggies and will help you get at least 1 serving of veggies without even noticing it!
Tips To make Healthy Breakfast Sandwiches:
- Substitute whole wheat or whole grain sandwich thins in place of bagels or English muffins
- Use egg whites instead of whole eggs to reduce cholesterol
- Opt-in for turkey bacon
- Load the eggs with your favorite veggies
Wholesome Veggie Add-ins
- Shredded Carrots
To Make Keto Egg and Cheese sandwiches:
Follow the recipe as written and replace the whole wheat thins with my popular 90-second microwave keto bread. To speed things up, you can also bake the bread in ramekins in the oven! The bread will freeze well and tasted just like normal Bread!
Healthy Make-Ahead Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- ½ cup diced bell pepper, optional
- ¼ cup diced onion, optional
- 16 oz 2 cups egg whites (or 8 large whole eggs)
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach, fresh
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices cheddar or American cheese
- 8 Whole Wheat sandwich thins, or English muffins or croissants or bagels, or 90 second Keto Bread*
- Butter or oil for greasing pan
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13’’ pan with butter or oil; Set Aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and onion; (at this point you can also add your favorite chopped veggies along with the bell pepper and onion) cook 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add egg whites (or whole eggs) to a large mixing bowl. Add the chopped spinach, cooked bacon and bell pepper mixture, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk or stir with a fork until mixed through.
- Transfer the egg and vegetable mixture into the greased dish. Bake the eggs for about 25-30 minutes, or until the center is set and the outer edges are slightly browned. Cool for 5-10 minutes then slices into 8 equal portions.
- To Assemble sandwiches: Add a slice of egg and a slice of cheese to each wheat thin and wrap with foil or plastic wrap. Transfer sandwiches to a gallon sized freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- To reheat: Unwrap sandwich and microwave for 1.5 -2 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Alternatively, microwave for 1 Minute then heat in the toaster oven to crisp up the bread.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.