A simple and fresh Mediterranean salad packed with cucumbers, chickpeas, tomatoes, sweet peppers, parsley, and feta and topped with a lemon olive oil dressing. This salad is perfect as a side dish or as a whole meal. I’m so excited t share this fun and festive salad with you today. It’s packed with beautiful healthy vegetables and it’s also pretty filling so you can have it as a side or a stand alone lunch. Sometimes I like to toss in some cooked chicken or shrimp and call it a day. Feel free to add parmesan shavings, grilled beef or chicken, olives, hard-boiled eggs, or any type of protein to make this salad a complete meal.
The feta cheese and lemon olive oil dressing make this salad really special. I sliced my cucumbers but feel free to be creative and shave them or spiralize them!
To begin, thinly slice the cucumbers and slice the onions and sweet peppers. Mince the parsley then combine all the veggies along with olive oil, lemon, feta cheese and salt & pepper to taste.
- 2 cucumbers thinly sliced (or diced)
- 1 cup Grape Or Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas Drained
- 1/2 whole Red Onion sliced (or diced)
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers thinly sliced optional
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Salt And Pepper to taste
- Place the cucumbers and all the other veggies in a large salad bowl. Crumble the feta cheese on top of the veggies. Drizzle the Lemon and olive oil over the top. Add salt and pepper to taste; adjust as needed. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
This was yummy and easy to make! I used less lemon juice – two tablespoons 🙂 thanks!
Cynthia Carter says
I’m excited about the Mediterranean salad! We have a weekly dinner with friends and are always trying new things! This will be great to try!
I will prepare it tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this delicious and easy salad recipe. I woul add green and black olives.