Start your day off right with these mouthwatering No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls. They come together in a snap and provide you with soft and delicious cinnamon rolls. They are sweet, soft, and have the best sweet glaze on top.
Cinnamon rolls are one of those breakfast ideas that are incredible and unforgettable. There are times when I don’t feel like putting as much time into baking them, so I will opt for a no-yeast cinnamon roll recipe instead. Plus, there are times when you can’t get your hands on yeast for one reason or another, so this is a simple way to get around that.
Whether you are in the mood to bake, craving something sweet, or are making a gift for friends or neighbors, these cinnamon rolls are sure to be a hit. People will think you spent hours and hours raising the dough and baking them when in reality, you barely had to lift a finger. Talk about a win!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE NO YEAST CINNAMON ROLLS
FOR THE DOUGH:
- All-purpose flour: You could exchange the all-purpose flour for other flours if needed, but this is what I use.
- Baking powder: You will have perfectly fluffy and risen cinnamon rolls by using baking powder in the mix.
- White sugar: The sugar gives the dough a yummy sweetness that pairs well with the filling and glaze. It’s subtle and not too overpowering.
- Kosher salt: In case you didn’t realize it, adding salt to baked goods actually brings out even more sweetness in the ingredients.
- Whole milk: You will have the best result using whole milk because of the fat content. You can adjust and use a milk alternative, but the texture is going to be different.
- Unsalted butter: If you decide to use salted butter, be sure to omit the added salt. I almost always use unsalted butter when baking because it gives me the best result.
How To Make No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
Skipping the yeast means skipping so much time! Typical cinnamon rolls are worth every bite, but they do take some additional time to make them. You can forget about all the wait time because you will be able to be munching on your tasty treat in no time.
Begin by warming up your oven and preparing a 9×13 baking dish with butter or oil.
Prepare the dough by combining the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Then mix in the butter and milk and use a wooden spoon or mixer to form a dough.
Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it into a rectangle that’s 1/2 inch thick.
Spread the butter onto the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar. Roll up tightly and cut it into 12 even rolls. This works best by using unflavored floss! next, Place them on a baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until they are golden brown and fluffy.
While the cinnamon rolls are baking, combine the ingredients and mix until they are smooth and creamy. Drizzle the glaze over the warm rolls and enjoy!
Will The Cinnamon Rolls Still Rise without Yeast?
Yes, as they are baking, the baking powder does it’s job and causes the cinnamon rolls to rise some. They aren’t going to double in size or anything, but you will be left with a fluffy and delightful cinnamon roll without all the fuss.
There is nothing wrong with making cinnamon rolls with yeast in them, but when you are in a hurry, you can save yourself tons of time by using a no yeast recipe instead.
Looking for more incredible cinnamon roll recipes? Check these out:
- Quick 45 Minute Cinnamon Rolls
- Soft & Fluffy Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls With Cream Cheese Icing
- Gooey Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
For The Dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
For The Filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For The Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 325 °F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or oil and set aside.
To Make the Dough
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add the butter and milk and stir with a wooden spoon or electric mixer to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface into a rectangle about ½ inch thick.
- Spread the softened butter on top. Combine the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle it all over the dough. Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 12 even rolls and transfer to the prepared dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until fluffy and lightly browned.
To Make Glaze
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 Tablespoons milk together until smooth and lump-free. Drizzle over warm rolls.