This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Giant Food Stores. All opinions are 100% mine.
A healthier alternative to banana bread made with wholesome ingredients is moist, fudgy and delicious. I posted snaps of this healthier banana bread while I was making it and got a ton of messages from people wanting the recipe ASAP.
Healthy banana bread?! is that even possible!! That was the reaction from my husband and daughters when I told them I’m making a heathy chocolate banana bread. They looked at me like I’m a crazy lady and smiled. Then when they tasted it, they went nuts. I swear you guys, this bread is 1000x better than any banana bread you’re going to taste and no one will ever be able to tell it’s “healthy”.
I used oat flour along with regular flour and replaced sugar with Nature’s Promise honey. And because bananas are naturally super sweet, they pretty much do the job of sugar. I also replaced oil with Nature’s promise coconut oil and added some greek yogurt for extra moisture and flavor.
I was able to grab all the organic nature’s promise ingredients ate my local Giant supermarket at an affordable price!
Nature’s Promise® makes it possible to make more better-for-you choices. From organics that are USDA Certified to “Free from” products that only include necessary ingredients. Their products do not contain artificial colors, artificial flavors, and artificial preservatives. This means you can feel good about making them a part of your next meal and ensuring the best for your family.To begin making the banana bread, simply combine all the dry ingredients and set aside. Then whisk together all the wet ingredients and incorporate the dry. Mix well and pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes and that’s it! your home will smell like a french bakery in no time 🙂
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- ¾ cup flour (white or wheat)
- ½ cup Nature's Promise® oat flour*
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp espresso powder or instant coffee (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet, optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Nature's Promise® melted coconut oil
- ⅔ cup greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup Nature's Promise® honey
- 3 medium mashed bananas (about 1 cup)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil and sprinkle with cocoa powder and flour. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, greek yogurt, honey, and bananas. Add the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until fully incorporated (do not over-mix).
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is crusty and the center is set. Cook for at least 10 minutes before slicing.