A healthier alternative to banana bread made with wholesome ingredients. This chocolate banana bread is moist, fudgy, delicious, and is sure to become a new family favorite!
Healthy banana bread?! is that even possible!! That was the reaction from my husband and daughters when I told them I’m making a healthy chocolate banana bread. They looked at me like I’m a crazy lady and smiled. Then when they tasted it, they went nuts. I swear you guys, this bread is 1000x better than any banana bread you’re going to taste and no one will ever be able to tell it’s “healthy”.
I used oat flour along with regular flour and replaced sugar with honey. And because bananas are naturally super sweet, they pretty much do the job of sugar. I also replaced the oil with coconut oil and added some Greek yogurt for extra moisture and flavor.
What you Will Need:
To make this delicious healthy banana bread, you will need:
- Oat flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Greek Yogurt
- Mashed Bananas
- and a few other kitchen staples
To begin making the banana bread, simply combine all the dry ingredients and set aside. Then whisk together all the wet ingredients and incorporate the dry.
Mix well and pour into a greased loaf pan.
Bake for 45 minutes and that’s it! your home will smell like a french bakery in no time 🙂
All that’s left is to patiently let this delicious chocolate banana bread cool down before slicing!
More Delicious Banana Bread Recipes
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup flour, white or wheat
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp espresso powder or instant coffee, optional
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, dark or semi-sweet, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 medium mashed bananas, about 1 cup
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil and sprinkle with cocoa powder and flour. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, greek yogurt, honey, and bananas. Add the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until fully incorporated (do not over-mix).
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is crusty and the center is set. Cook for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.