Flavorful on the outside and tender inside, this Lemon Garlic Salmon is super quick and easy to cook in an air fryer. Serve with a salad or your favorite veggie for an incredible seafood dish that comes together in less than 15 minutes!
This Lemon Garlic Salmon is made with just 6 simple ingredients that come together for major flavor. A combination of melted butter, lemon juice, fresh garlic, herbs and spices is brushed over the salmon. Then, it’s cooked in the air fryer for just 10 minutes, and dinner is done!
If you’re craving perfectly cooked seafood without the hassle, the air fryer method is definitely the way to go! You’ll have salmon that is juicy, tender and totally delicious every time you make it. Plus, air frying is a healthy way to cook almost any dish.
Reasons to make this recipe
- Super delicious: The combination of butter, lemon and garlic really flavors the salmon, while air frying it, makes moist and tender. This is one of those crowd-pleasing recipes everyone seems to enjoy!
- Healthy: This simple salmon recipe is packed with nutrients! Aside from being loaded with omega-3 fatty acids (healthy fats) and protein, according to Healthline, salmon has many key nutrients, including selenium, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
- Quick & easy: Not only is air frying a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods, but it also takes less time without all of the mess. This is a great way to have a flavorful, nutritious meal for your family even on busy weeknights.
This easy lemon garlic salmon recipe is made with simple ingredients that come together for such wonderful flavors. Here’s everything you’ll need to make it:
- Salmon: You’ll need 4 fillets (or about 2 pounds) of salmon. You can choose wild or farmed, but for maximum health benefits we recommend wild-caught salmon.
- Butter: For the best rich flavor, use melted unsalted butter. Alternatively, if you don’t have butter, oil may be substituted.
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice is best for adding delicious brightness to the fish.
- Garlic: Grated garlic adds a savory, buttery flavor that pairs so well with the lemon taste.
- Fresh parsley: Adds color and herby freshness. Feel free to swap with another herb like basil, oregano, or any other herbs you like.
- Seasonings: A simple mix of garlic powder, salt and pepper brings all of the flavors together.
How to make this recipe
Cooking salmon in the air fryer is a great method for beginner cooks who are unsure about cooking seafood. Here’s the simple process:
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and spices.
- Brush salmon with the lemon/garlic mixture until fully coated.
- Arrange salmon in a single layer in an air fryer basket and air fry at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. Plate with your favorite sides or a salad, and enjoy!
- How to buy salmon: When you’re buying salmon, look for salmon that is vibrant in color and smells clean, not too fishy.
- Salmon size: Try to use salmon fillets that are similar in size, so that it cooks evenly.
- Cooking time: Take note of how quick the salmon cooks when determining when to start cooking your sides, so that everything is ready to enjoy around the same time.
Frequently asked questions
How do I know when the salmon is cooked through?
The USDA recommends cooking salmon to an internal temperature of at least 145°F to be safe for consumption. The most precise way to ensure doneness is to use an instant read thermometer. If you don’t have a thermometer, check for doneness by making sure the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Should I flip the salmon filets in the air fryer?
No, it is not necessary to flip the salmon in the air fryer. Because of the power of the heating element and constant heat circulation, most things cook evenly without having to hassle with flipping.
We like to double the marinade and add broccoli, asparagus, green beans, or another favorite veggie to the air fryer with the salmon. Here are some of our other go-to sides for completing this delicious salmon dinner:
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Easy 20-Minute Roasted Veggies
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- Storing leftovers: Lemon garlic salmon is best enjoyed soon after cooking, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Reheating: Gently reheat the salmon in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-low heat until just warm, as to keep it from becoming too dry.
More salmon recipes
Lemon Garlic Air Fryer Salmon
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and spices. Brush salmon with the mixture until fully coated.
- Arrange salmon in a single layer in an air fryer basket and air fry at 400ºF for 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.