Quick and easy-to-make roasted veggies are ready in 20 minutes and make a nutritious healthy side dish or a complete vegetarian meal. Packed with Broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and spices, every bite is bursting with flavor and texture.
A few weeks ago, I shared my 15-minute roasted chicken and veggies recipe and I’ve gotten so many comments and emails from you guys about how much you loved the dish, so here goes another one of my favorites.
This 20-minute roasted veggies recipe is very easy to make a healthy side dish. I like to add whatever veggies I have in the fridge and dice them into cubes then season generously season and drizzle with olive oil. Now the trick is to roast the veggies at a high temp so they become charred on the outside and develop a smokey flavor.
Tip for Roasting Vegetables
I have been roasting veggies for years and have learned many tips and tricks to make the perfect roasted veggies and cut back on time, prep, and clean up. Here are a few of my favorite tips:
- Line the sheet pan– Lining the sheet pan with parchment paper or foil makes for easy clean-up later. You will pull away the parchment paper or foil from the pan and throw it away to avoid direct stains on the sheet pan.
- Use pre-chopped Veggies -Buying pre-cut vegetables from your grocery store is a great way to prep and will significantly cut down prep time. You can also chop your veggies ahead of time and use them as needed.
- Use High Temperature – Using a temperature between 425F-475F will result in veggies that are charged and caramelized don’t the outside and soft and tender on the inside. Plus, it will also cut down on cooking time too!
How To Make Roasted Vegetables in the Oven
Aside from air frying veggies, roasting vegetables has become my go-to cooking technique because of how easy and healthy it is.
To make roasted veggies, simply combine all your veggies in a large bowl and add your favorite spice blend and high temp-safe oil. Vegetable or grapeseed oil are both good choices for roasting veggies.
Transfer to a sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
Roasted Vegetable Variations
This recipe works well for most vegetables. Feel free to add sweet potatoes, cauliflower, eggplant, brussels sprouts, or your favorite vegetables.
What to Serve with Roasted Vegetables
Chicken: These roasted veggies would make an excellent side to: Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts, Air Fryer Chicken Breasts, Grilled Tandoori Chicken, Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs, Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken.
Pasta: If you love carbs as much as I do, then these dishes would make a great addition to these roasted vegetables: Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta, Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Avocado Pasta, Instant Pot Chicken Pasta.
More Delicious Roasted Vegetables to Try
Easy 20 Minute Roasted Veggies
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any colors you like)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated or powdered garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
- Chop all the veggies into large cubes. Place in a medium sheet pan (do not use a glass pan). Drizzle with olive oil and seasoning. You can also combine in a large bowl.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the veggies are charred on the outside and tender on the inside.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.