Give traditional banana bread a boost by combining it with one of your favorite desserts. This delectable recipe takes traditional banana bread to new heights, combining the moist, tender texture of freshly baked banana bread with a luscious cream cheese swirl that adds a velvety richness to every bite!
How Do You Combine Cheesecake with Banana Bread?
It sounds complicated to make a Cheesecake Banana Bread, but the process is relatively simple. You would need to pour your cheesecake mixture into your banana bread batter and cover it with more batter. When the banana bread bakes, it will have the perfect cheesecake center.
How to Make the Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread
When you have all the required ingredients, set your oven to 350 degrees F and begin greasing your loaf pan. Melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and set it off to the side.
Place your bananas in a bowl and mash them before adding the sugar, egg, vanilla, and sour cream to the bowl. Whisk these ingredients to mix them.
Add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon into the bowl with the bananas. Stir to make sure all ingredients combine perfectly with one another and then set it off to the side. In the meantime, prepare your cheesecake mixture by combining the softened cream cheese with sugar, egg, vanilla, and flour. Blend these ingredients until smooth.
Place half of your banana bread batter into the bottom of your pan and smoothen it out. Add the cheesecake mixture on top, smoothing it out. Pour the rest of your banana bread batter on top of the cheesecake mixture. Put your pan in the oven and bake the bread for up to 50 minutes. Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before you slice into it.
Can You Use a Bundt Cake Pan to Make It?
If you do not have a loaf pan or would prefer not to use it, you can use a bundt cake pan to make the Cheesecake Banana Bread. Make sure to grease the pan or put parchment paper on it before you add the batter and cheesecake mixture to it. You may need to bake it a bit longer when using this type of pan. As long as you pay attention and check it every so often, it should still come out perfect.
Can I use other-size loaf pans to make banana bread?
Yes, you can use an 8×4 or 9×5 inch loaf pan to make banana bread. The cooking time for the larger pan will be a little less. Check the bread with a toothpick around 47-55 minutes to make sure the bread does not overbake.
How do you store cream cheese-swirled banana bread?
There are many theories on how to properly store baked goods made with cream cheese. Because the cream cheese is baked in, it can be kept in an airtight container for 1-2 days but for longer storage refrigeration is the best option.
Should you cover banana bread when baking?
Yes! To keep your banana bread from becoming too brown it is best to cover the bread after it has baked for 45 minutes. To do so make a tent with aluminum foil and carefully place it over the top of the bread.
What are the best bananas for banana bread?
Overly ripe bananas that are mostly speckled and black are the best for baking because they are sweeter and have a more pronounced flavor.
More Delicious Banana Bread Recipes:
Cream Cheese Swirled Banana Bread
- 3 overly ripe bananas about 1 and ¼ cup mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil can substitute with other neutral flavored oils
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt can substitute with sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and sour cream. Mix well with a spoon until the eggs are whisked into the other wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until no white streaks of flour remain.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the sugar, flour, and egg yolk and beat until combined.
- Add half of the banana bread batter to the loaf pan. Add 3 dallops of the cream cheese to the top of the batter, then follow with the remaining banana bread batter and remaining cream cheese.
- Use a knife to swirl the cream cheese through the banana bread batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes. During the last 15 minutes of baking, tent the bread with foil to prevent it from becoming too brown. The banana bread is done when it is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (Look for an area without cream cheese to test.)
- Place on a cooling rack until cool enough to handle and gently slide the banana bread out and place on the rack to continue cooling.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the bread once cooled. Clean knife with a paper towel to ensure clean cuts.