Do you love the idea of eating warm and delicious homemade bread? This Healthy Oatmeal Banana Bread is literally the best! In just under 1 hour of time, you’ll be slicing a piece of moist and delicious banana bread and loving every bite.
This simple banana bread recipe is made with wholesome ingredients and is naturally sweetened with honey and banana (NO artificial Sugar or Butter!)
If you’re new to the world of Oatmeal Banana Bread, welcome. There really isn’t any other way that you’re going to want to make this banana bread recipe after this one. I promise you – it’s just that good.
I know that everyone prefers to eat their slice of banana bread their own way, but let me tell you my favorite way. Or should I say “ways”…because I’m a sucker for trying out each slice with a different topping.
Melted butter on banana bread is amazing, as is a drizzle of honey or maple syrup as well. You can even turn this simple bread recipe isn’t a dessert bread by adding on some whipped cream.
TO MAKE HEALTHY OATMEAL BANANA BREAD YOU WILL NEED:
- rolled oats – You can purchase this so inexpensively.
- whole wheat flour – All purpose flour will work as well.
- baking powder
- baking soda
- eggs – These need to be at room temperature.
- coconut oil – Make sure it’s melted.
- maple syrup or honey – Easy way to naturally sweeten the bread.
- vanilla extract
- bananas – The riper the bananas, the better.
- chocolate chips – Perfect for adding in a hint of sweetness.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD WITH ROLLED OATS
This simple recipe for baking banana bread with coconut oil is fast and easy to do! To Begin, Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9X5 loaf pan and set it aside
Combine the dry ingredients together; oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients; whisk the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Add the ripened mashed bananas, whisk vigorously until everything is well combined.
Combine the wet mixture and flour; mix it well without any lumps. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter. Next, Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake them for 50 – 60 minutes until the loaf looks golden on top and the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Place the bread on a wire rack and once cooled. Slice the bread and serve!
Is banana bread bad for weight loss?
Even though this is a healthier recipe for banana bread, it still is going to be higher in carbs than some people like. My thought on recipes like this is that if you were previously eating bread that was loaded with sugars and fats, this recipe is going to be a much healthier option for you to switch to and enjoy.
How many calories are in a thin slice of banana bread?
This really depends on the thickness of your slice but it’s a safe bet to say that one slice of banana bread has at least 150 calories in it. It may be more, it might be less, but this is a good average to go by.
How do you know when banana bread is done baking in the oven?
The easiest way to know that banana bread is done baking is to use a toothpick or a clean butter knife to test it out. Once the timer has gone off, stick the toothpick into the middle of the banana bread and pull it back out.
If the toothpick is clean, the banana bread is done and ready to be taken out of the oven. If there is still batter on the banana bread, you need to put it back in the oven to give it more time to bake.
What mix-ins can you add to banana bread?
Anything that you want. Just know that the more that you add in, the more calories that it adds to the bread. Some add-ins that are quite popular are crunched pecans or nuts, chocolate chips, blueberries, and even raisins.
Can you freeze baked banana bread?
You bet! This is one way to make a few loaves and have some stored for later! You can leave the loaf whole and just wrap it and store it in a freezer-safe bag or container until you’re ready to eat it.
You can also slice it and freeze it as well.
To unthaw, just move it to the fridge for a short time or take it out of the freezer and set it out on the counter. It will unthaw quickly and easily.
Healthy Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F. Grease a 9X5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients together; oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients; whisk the eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Add the mashed bananas, whisk vigorously until everything is well combined.
- Combine the wet mixture and flour; mix it well without any lumps. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake them for 50 – 60 minutes until the loaf looks golden on top and the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place the bread on a wire rack and once cooled, slice the bread and serve!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.