Thinly sliced zucchini coated with panko and parmesan and baked until crispy and delicious. This healthy low-fat appetizer is the perfect replacement to fries and unhealthy sides and makes a great snack! Hey internet friends! So you’re all going to hate me because zucchini season has just sailed and I’m suddenly rolling out all these healthy zucchini recipes, but I’ve got another one for you. It might be the last one I’ll share this season but who knows. I can’t help but grab a few each time I go to the supermarket. They’re available all year at my local supermarket but availability may vary depending on where you live.
If zucchini is available where you live, then I HIGHLY suggest giving this healthy appetizer a go. These zucchini chips are extremely easy to make and even easier to devour. Plus, they’re super affordable to make as well. Just 1 medium zucchini makes a whole batch of these chips. I got just about 50 slices of chips from just one zucchini! I like to serve any appetizer with simple homemade dipping sauce rather than ketchup because it makes you look like a pro with minimal effort. I paired these chips with a simple sour-cream sriracha sauce and they were A-MAZ-ING! To make the sauce simply combine equal parts of sriracha and sour-cream and that’s it. A creamy and spicy sauce that makes the perfect dip for the zucchini chips.
Crispy Baked Zucchini Chips
- 1 medium zucchini cut into thing slices, about 30-50 depending on the size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, optional, replace with breadcrumbs if not using
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a sheet pan with oil or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in a large shallow bowl. In another bowl whisk the egg and water. In a third bowl combine the flour paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip each zucchini slice in the flour mixture, then egg mixture, then panko mixture. Place in a single layer on baking sheet. Repeat until all zucchini slices are coated. Spray chips with cooking spray or lightly drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way or until golden and crispy. Serve with you favorite dipping sauce.