Bake the most delicious moist muffins to eat for breakfast, lunch, or a snack with this Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe. These muffins are bursting with fresh fruit flavor and are naturally good for you to eat each day.
Do you love muffins but want to eat a bit healthier? You might think that eating healthier means giving up on consuming muffins altogether, but that is not the case. If you prepare these Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins, you can indulge in one of your favorite breakfast foods without feeling guilty.
These nutritious muffins have a light and fruity taste that makes them perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a midday snack. You can eat them as they are or slice them in half and add butter or other toppings to them. It all depends on how you like to eat your muffins.
What You’ll Need to Make the Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Make your Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins with these ingredients:
- Whole Wheat Flour. The whole wheat flour is a healthier alternative to all-purpose flour and is a great choice when preparing these muffins.
- Fresh Blueberries. Use fresh blueberries to give your muffins that fresh and fruity taste.
- Vanilla Extract. Add some vanilla extract to give your muffins a sweet hint of flavor.
- Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt is another healthy ingredient that will leave your muffins moist and fresh.
- Maple Syrup. Add maple syrup for sweetness as an alternative to sugar.
These ingredients and a few others, such as coconut oil, lemon zest, baking soda, and baking powder, are what you need to have available to make your Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins.
How to Make Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Make the Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins by combining all your dry ingredients in one bowl and some of your wet ingredients in another bowl.
Crack eggs over the bowl with the wet ingredients, pour in the lemon zest and vanilla extract and fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones.
Coat blueberries with flour in a third bowl before pouring them into the mixture. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out some of the muffin batter and add it to a muffin pan.
Bake your muffins for up to 18 minutes at 400F. Serve the muffins while they are still warm, or allow them to cool before eating them or freezing them.
How to Store Your Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Storing the Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins is easy. First, allow your muffins to cool down while on a baking rack. Touch the muffins before putting them in an airtight container to make sure they are no longer hot. Place a sheet of paper towel inside a food storage container, layer your muffins on top of the paper towel, and close the container with a lid.
Leave your muffins on your kitchen table or store them in the fridge. They will stay fresh and good for up to five days. Freezing the Healthy Lemon Blueberry is an option. If placing the muffins in the freezer, you can keep them fresh and good for roughly six months.
More Delicious Healthy Muffin Recipes
Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour + 1 teaspoon to coat the berries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 2 eggs eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Place the liners on the muffin tray and keep it ready.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients together; flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients; whisk the maple syrup, coconut oil, greek yogurt.
- Crack the eggs and combine to the wet ingredients. Add in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl with a teaspoon of flour coat the blueberries and toss it. Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- With the help of an ice cream scooper; scoop the batter equally into 12 muffin liners. Bake them for 16-18 minutes until the muffins look golden on top.
- Place the muffins on a wire rack and serve them once cool down.