When you love peanut butter and enjoy flavorful muffins, one of the best things to do is make these Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins. They’re Soft and fluffy make the perfect treat or breakfast on the go!
Do you enjoy muffins but worry about eating them too much because not all options are healthy? If so, you can make these Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins without having to worry about eating something that is not good for you. Besides being good for you, these muffins taste great and are perfect for peanut butter lovers.
You will get a hint of peanut butter with each bite. You can eat these muffins for breakfast or as a snack throughout the day when you start feeling hungry. The Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins are great to pack for lunches for yourself and your children.
What You’ll Need to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins
This recipe is different from most other muffin recipes. If you want to make Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins, you need to have:
- Whole Wheat Flour. Instead of traditional flour, stick with whole wheat because it is better for you.
- Baking Powder. The baking powder will give these peanut butter muffins the perfect texture.
- Eggs. Mix your eggs with your whole wheat flour and a bit of all-purpose flour.
- Peanut Butter. Choose your favorite type of peanut butter to add into the mix with your flour.
- Low-Fat Buttermilk. The buttermilk contributes to the muffins’ soft texture, but you can also replace this with yogurt if you do not have buttermilk available.
- Vanilla Extract. Add a slightly sweet hint of vanilla with some vanilla extract.
- Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. The chocolate chips taste great with the peanut butter added to these muffins.
You will also need baking soda, salt, maple syrup, and coconut oil when preparing the Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins.
How to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins
Make the Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins with ease by warming your oven to 375F. Get your muffin pan ready with liners.
After setting up the muffin pan, you can start pouring your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, including your two types of flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. You will blend these dry ingredients before mixing the eggs and peanut butter and throwing in your wet ingredients.
Make sure to mix the ingredients to get rid of any lumps. You want the muffin batter to have a smooth consistency.
Place your chocolate chips in a small bowl, add a bit of flour to them, and then mix them into your muffin batter.
Use an ice cream scoop to evenly place the batter into the liners before putting your muffin pan in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Ways to Store the Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins
Keep your Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins fresh by storing them properly. You can place them in a gallon food storage bag, remove the air from the bag, and seal it shut. If you leave the muffins on the countertop in the bag, they will stay good for two days. You can keep them fresher for up to five days in the refrigerator and up to six months in the freezer.
More Delicious Healthy Muffins
Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 cup + 1 teaspoon whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (or yogurt, or whole milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the liners on the muffin tray and keep it ready.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients together; whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients; whisk the eggs and peanut butter until creamy. Add in the maple syrup, buttermilk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk vigorously until everything well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour bowl and mix it well without any lumps.
- In a small bowl with a teaspoon of flour coat the chocolate chips and toss it. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- With the help of an ice cream scooper; scoop the batter equally into 12 muffin liners. Bake them for 20-22 minutes until the muffins look golden on top.
- Place the muffins on a wire rack and serve them once cool down.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.