A gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly egg roll in a bowl makes a healthy nutritious dinner in just 15 minutes without the added carbs! It’s packed with ground chicken, tons of flavor, and is an easy meal the entire family will enjoy.
Whoever said that eating healthy doesn’t taste good couldn’t be further from the truth. Everything about this low carb egg roll in a bowl screams delicious flavor! Every bite has the perfect amount of wholesome fresh coleslaw, ground chicken, and a hint of spice.
I’m excited to share with you how to quickly and easily make this healthy dinner recipe. Even the kids will be happy to help you make it, and they won’t even realize it’s good for them. It’s easy to get the kids to eat their veggies when they are flavorful, and when they help in the kitchen. It’s a win all around if you ask me!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE KETO CHICKEN EGG ROLL BOWLS
- Oil: I prefer to use sesame or olive oil, but you could easily swap them for another oil you prefer. Avocado or coconut oil would be excellent choices too.
- Ground Chicken: The texture that the ground chicken gives the easy egg roll in a bowl is out of this world! If you don’t have any ground chicken, you could always finely chop chicken breast or thighs instead. It will taste great either way.
- Green Onion: Adding green onion doesn’t just give the dish flavor; it adds gorgeous color too. You can also use finely chopped onion or shallot instead. It’s a super versatile dish!
- Garlic: Follow your preferences on the amount of garlic. I usually stick to 2-3 large cloves, and it makes this egg roll in a bowl recipe irresistible. But you can add more or less depending on your preferences.
- Ground Ginger: A little bit of ground ginger goes a long way in enhancing the way this low-carb dish tastes. It’s so good!
- Coleslaw: You can shred the cabbage yourself or buy a pre-packaged bag. Either way, make sure you have some shredded carrots in there for color and natural sweetness.
- Gluten-Free Soy Sauce: Liquid aminos or coconut aminos are perfect for gluten-free soy sauce. You won’t even miss the regular stuff either!
- Sriracha Sauce: The sriracha is where you get a little bit of heat in this egg roll in a bowl. You can increase the amount of even put in less if you want. I love the little kick that the sriracha gives.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN EGG ROLL BOWLS
Making the keto chicken egg roll bowls couldn’t be any more simple. That’s why they are a go-to recipe in our home. Let’s get started.
You will need to brown the chicken in a skillet until it’s no longer pink. Then toss in the onions and garlic and saute. Mix in the ginger and stir it well.
Put the coleslaw into the skillet, drizzle with soy sauce and sriracha then give it a good stir. Once the coleslaw is tender, it’s ready to serve. Top with green onions and dig in while it’s hot.
DO I HAVE TO USE CHICKEN?
No, you don’t have to use chicken, you can easily substitute it for another low carb protein. Ground beef, ground turkey, and even sausage would all be fantastic choices. They each add their own element of flavor, so go with what you enjoy.
WHAT KIND OF NUTRIENTS ARE IN THIS CHICKEN EGG ROLL BOWL RECIPE?
You’ll be happy to know that there are many nutrient-rich ingredients in this dish. Not only will you get protein, potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C, but you will also get much more!
Each helping of this keto egg roll in a bowl also has folate, fiber, calcium, and vitamin K too. Plus, it’s filled with antioxidants from the coleslaw too.
More Delicious Keto Meals
Keto Chicken Egg Roll In a Bowl (15 Minute!)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 green onion (sliced or finely minced onion or shallot)
- 2-3 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups coleslaw (if yours doesn't include carrots, add one small shredded carrot)
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce (liquid aminos or coconut aminos for GF)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or to your heat level preference)
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook4-5 minutes, and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon, until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Add the sliced green onion and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Next, add the ginger powder, and stir until well combined.
- Add the coleslaw mix into the pot, add the soy sauce and sriracha and stir until everything is well combined. Cook until the coleslaw has softened to your desired tenderness. Taste and if desired add more soy sauce or sriracha. Serve with sliced green onions if desired.
Made this tonight. It was excellent! So easy and different from my normal keto meals!
Quick, easy and super delicious!!
Making thos tonight for dinner. Can I use a crockpot to cook chicken and shred it than add it to a pan to warm up and cook with all other ingredients? I have shredded chicken in a crackpot and it shreds easily that way and I csn fit l my chicken breasts in there.
I am eating weight watchers and found this recipe browsing the internet for low carb recipes. I happened to have shrimp and replaced the protein with chopped shrimp. outstanding flavor. With the texture of the shredded cabbage, it seemed like I was eating shrimp and rice!. I will make this often!! Try shrimp for an amazing alternative to a already great recipe!