Learn how to make the BEST EVER super soft, chewy, and gooey Keto chocolate chip cookies. At only 5 net carbs each, these low-carb keto-friendly cookies are incredibly delicious and are a low-carb dream come true!
There is nothing more desirable than a chewy, fudgy chocolate chip cookie. Keto cookies are even better because I can enjoy them without the guilt of eating so many carbs. These chocolate chip cookies are a chocolate-lovers dream!
I had a chocolate craving for chocolate and new I wanted to make cookies. Playing around with the recipe, I finally got it perfect and couldn’t wait to share it with you. These are great for family reunions, parties, barbecues, potlucks, or late-night snacks. Is there ever a wrong time to enjoy an incredible cookie?
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Almond Flour: Using almond flour gives these incredible cookies the best texture possible without the added carbs. If you haven’t used almond flour much, this is a great recipe to start with.
- Baking Soda: You will get irresistible cookies with the perfect rise when you use a bit of baking soda.
- Salt: All you need is a pinch and it will enhance the sweetness in the cookies.
- Brown Swerve: A good chocolate chip cookie needs brown sugar, so using brown swerve gives you the best option without the carbs or sugar.
- Granular Swerve: It’s fluffy and delicious just like regular sugar. Enjoy granular swerve with many of your baked goods when you are cutting back on carbs.
- Butter: It’s a good idea to use room temperature butter. It will allow the dough to mix properly and give the cookies the right texture.
- Vanilla: A little dash of vanilla will take the cookies to the next level.
- Keto-Friendly Baking Chips: They give you that ooey gooey chocolate and are oh so good! I like to use Choco Zero or Lilly’s for the best flavor!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
After a few simple steps, you will be licking your fingers and indulging in these sweet keto chocolate chip cookies. Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Combine the butter and both of the sugars in a bowl until they are pale and creamy. Then beat in the egg and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon or spatula slowly add in the dry ingredients until you end up with cookie dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
It’s best to put the dough in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before baking. This gives you much better results. You can even leave the dough covered in the fridge overnight if you have time.
Warm up the oven to 325 degrees F. and scoop the cookies onto a baking sheet. Use a spoon to flatten them out and bake for 10-12 minutes until they are a golden brown color.
Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for at least five minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
HOW DO YOU STORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
After the cookies are cooled down, put them inside of a food storage container. They should be stored away from heat and with a tight-fitting lid. They will last 3-4 days and can be kept at room temperature. You can also refrigerate them as well.
BEST TIPS FOR MAKING KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Don’t skip chilling the dough. It’s an important step that is tempting to skip, but you won’t end up with the best cookies. They will spread out more as they bake and not taste as good.
- It’s important not to overmix the batter. Whenever the cookie batter is overmixed, it causes tiny air bubbles to form, and as the cookies bake, the will pop, which leads to a dry and flat cookie.
- Do not over bake the cookies. If you do, they will be dry and not as appealing. They will appear to be set and a light golden color when they are done.
More Insanely Good Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Batch Brown Butter Brown Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
The BEST Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugars and butter for 2-3 minutes or until pale. Add egg and vanilla and beat another minute. Switch to a spatula or wooden spoon and stir in dry ingredients and chocolate chips until dough forms.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20-30 minutes or over-night (optional step).
- While the cookies are chilling in the fridge, Pre-heat oven to 325F. Scoop cookies using a medium cookie scoop and place them on a baking sheet. Flatten with a spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.