The BEST decadently rich, super moist & fluffy 60-second keto chocolate mug cake is worth indulging in at just 5g net carbs!
When a craving strikes for something with intense chocolate arises, you want it quickly! You don’t always want to wait around to warm the oven, prep the ingredients, and wait for it to bake! That’s where the best keto chocolate cake comes in! It only takes 60 seconds to cook, and after it cools, you can be enjoying every bit of its chocolate goodness.
One thing that I always love about mug cakes is you don’t have to worry about the portion sizes. Everything is perfectly portioned for you, and there is no worry about overindulging in this quick keto dessert. Portion control is something we all need, and this mug cake makes it so much easier to figure out.
If you have kiddos, they will eat this without a second thought and never even realize it’s so much healthier than the boxed stuff. Plus, it tastes way better than anything you can buy at the market too.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE KETO 60 SECOND CHOCOLATE MUG CAKES
- Egg: Don’t skip out on adding the egg, because it’s an essential ingredient. You need it to bind everything together, and it’s what gives it that moist and fluffy texture.
- Butter: Use the best quality butter you can find; it adds healthy fats to the keto mug cake recipe and gives it a beautiful texture.
- Almond Flour: Using almond flour is wonderful in baking with a keto diet or any gluten-free diet. It saves you carbs and gluten!
- Cocoa Powder: The reason this is an almost sinfully delicious low carb chocolate cake is because of the cocoa powder. It’s the key ingredient to make it so rich and intense.
- Erythritol: I prefer to use erythritol as the sweetener for these chocolate mug cakes, but you can certainly use whatever you have on hand.
- heavy cream: Heavy cream makes the cake light and fluffy. Don’t worry; if heavy cream isn’t your thing, you can substitute half &half or sour cream if you’d rather. It will taste great either way.
- Vanilla: the vanilla is optional but highly recommended. it adds a rich flavor to the cake and is totally worth adding!
- Baking Powder: While you don’t need a ton of baking powder, it’s super important for these chocolate mug cakes. It is what causes it to rise when it’s warming up in the microwave.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE MUG CAKES
It’s insane that you can make a keto cake in just 60 seconds, but it’s true and heavenly!
Start out by adding the butter to the mug and melting it then simply add the rest of the ingredients and whisk. Microwave for 60 seconds and you’re done! you will have an amazing dessert that was truly effortless and worth EVERY single bite!
CAN I ADD ANYTHING TO MY LOW CARB MUG CAKE?
Yes, absolutely, you can add other ingredients to your chocolate mug cake! Some things that taste really good are chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, pecans, a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, or even a dash of cinnamon.
Feel free to adjust the flavors to fit what you like, and it will be delicious. You can also top the keto cake with your favorite low-carb ice cream, chocolate fudge, or even low-carb caramel sauce.
As always, keep in mind when adding toppings and other ingredients can affect the nutritional information. While toppings are amazing, you want to make sure not to go overboard and keep this a healthier dessert option.
More Quick Keto Desserts to try
60 Second Keto Chocolate Mug Cake (Super Moist & Fluffy!)
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil of choice
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol (or your favorite keto sweetener)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or half & half or sour-cream or mayo or more butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Add the butter to a large mug. Micwoarve until melted. Add the remaining ingredients to the mug. Stir with a fork until mixed through and lump-free. Drop-in a few sugar-free chocolate chips or chunks if desired.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Cool for 3-5 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream, keto ice-cream, or your favorite toppings!
Oh my word, this iis absolutely Delicious!!! This cake is chocolaty and moist. I have saved this recipe.
OMG, soooo delicious. Thank you!!
Hi! Amazing recipe, thank you for sharing! I divided the 3tbsp of almond flour in 1 1/2 almond and 1 1/2 coconut flour, besides adding 1 teaspon of Erythritol (total of 1 1/3 tbsp Erythritol) and a 1/4 teaspoon extra of the heavy cream, besides doing 1 1/3 of cocoa powder instead of 1 1/2… and it became even fluffier and more delicious! I super recommend!
Sooooo good! Used a tablespoon of sour cream instead of heavy cream and that is a game changer! This recipe is absolutely delish. Thanks for sharing!
Appleyard Christine says
Tastes great but with a 1000 watt microwave, top was cooked but about 2/3 way down there was a hot molten cake:) Butter was melted and hotter but egg straight from fridge. Any thoughts? So much better than gritty super dry commercial keto mug cakes.
How long should i bake this in a normal oven, since I don’t have a microwave. Thanks so much x
Love this SO MUCH!!! Post-Easter I’m surrounded by Easter eggs and have been fighting cravings all day…halfway thru this the cravings were finished and I was H.A.P.P.Y…yayee! Thanks again, have stored it to find next time. Will be halving the sweetener next time…otherwise perfect! Mwah!
Why does it taste so eggy ?
Delicious and so easy to make!
Angela Thornton says
This is good.
Just wondering: how many carbs are in this? I’m trying to eat less than 20 a day
Dara Caudle says
Hi! Layla, Can I use Spice Island brand pure vanilla extract? Thanks! Blessings Always!!!
Yes that will work!
I know, I know, you need almond flour. And none of that almond meal, either only a fine grain almond flour for the soft and non-grainy texture. But it s worth it, trust me!