Pumpkin spice donuts are cakey, soft, and topped with a delicious maple glaze. They’re the perfect treat for fall and make for a great after-school snack or dessert, too!
I have always been a huge fan of pumpkin-flavored treats, but I also enjoy donuts, making the Pumpkin Donut With Maple Glaze such an excellent choice for me to make. I love to make these donuts with fresh ingredients instead of buying pre-packaged donuts that simply do not have that fresh taste to them.
When you want to make a flavorful fall treat that you and the family can have for breakfast or a quick on-the-go snack, these pumpkins are worth preparing. You can gather your ingredients, mix them, and bake your donuts to perfection before applying the glaze coating on top. I love adding the glaze to these donuts because maple pairs perfectly with pumpkin, and the glaze gives these donuts that extra flavor with every bite.
Top Ingredients in the Pumpkin Donuts With Maple Glaze
You will need several essential ingredients to put the Pumpkin Donuts With Maple Glaze together. Some of the top ingredients to have in your pantry to prepare this recipe include:
- All-purpose flour to use as the base for your donuts
- Canned pumpkin to mix with your flour and other dry and ingredients
- Pumpkin pie spice that adds sweetness to the mixture
- Vanilla extract to add slight hints of vanilla into the pumpkin donuts
While you need to have other ingredients, such as salt, cinnamon, and unsalted butter, these are some of the primary ingredients necessary to prepare these fresh and tasty Pumpkin Donuts With Maple Glaze.
How to Make Pumpkin Donuts
Making these pumpkin donuts is super easy and straight forward. To get started, you will need to make the batter by whisking the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately then combining them.
Next, pipe the batter into a donut baking pan. These pans are a life-saver and will make your life so much easier. They can be found in most home stores or online HERE.
Lastly, simmer the ingredients for the maple glaze until thick and transfer to a bowl for dipping. Dip each donut into the glaze and enjoy these delicious donuts with your favorite fall drink!
Optional Items to Add to Your Pumpkin Donuts With Maple Glaze
The maple glaze gives these pumpkin donuts more flavor and texture, but you can add other items to your pumpkin donuts to customize them to your liking. I will usually leave mine as is, but I have tried these donuts with sprinkles and cinnamon crumbles.
If you would like to add some cinnamon crumbles to your Pumpkin Donuts With Maple Glaze, you can make it by mixing all-purpose flour with cinnamon and brown sugar. When I am making the Pumpkin Donuts With Maple Glaze specifically for the kids, I let them choose the sprinkles they want me to add to them after applying the maple glaze to the donuts.
Food Storage Tips For the Pumpkin Donuts With Maple Glaze
There are several ways to store these delicious pumpkin donuts. I have stored them in a large freezer bag with a zipper seal, making sure to remove the air from the bag to keep the donuts a lot fresher. You can use the large freezer bag or a food storage container, but make sure to keep your donuts covered.
You do not need to store them in the fridge, but it is an option to consider to keep them fresh for up to a week. If you want to make dozens of donuts in advance, you can place them in food storage bags and put them in your freezer to store them for up to two months.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Icing
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
Maple Glaze Ingredients
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease the donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- To a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and canned pumpkin.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined. The batter will be thick in consistency.
- Transfer the batter to a large Ziploc bag and pipe into a donut pan filling about halfway.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the donuts spring back when touched.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to cool down.
- Now prepare the maple glaze. Heat a saucepan with butter, maple syrup, and heavy cream.
- Once the butter is melted and everything well-combined add in the powdered sugar in batches and mix it well. The maple glaze turns a thick syrup consistency.
- Transfer the glaze to a bowl and dip the top of the donuts on the warm glaze. Allow the excess glaze to drip off by placing the donuts on a wire rack.
- Allow the glaze to set for 1 hour before serving.
I love. Pumpkin. I have tried several baked donut recipe and they are basically a donut shaped cupcake. But as such, they are good, but something seems like it is missing from all the baked donuts I have tried
Can I use baby pumpkin purré?
By baby pumpkin puree, are you referring to baby food? if so, I wouldn’t advise it as it may have added ingredients and may be diluted.
It’s 90% pumpkin and 10% water, bio product
I honestly have never tried it with that so I really can’t say for sure but I would just test out a small batch and see how it turns out!